Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

I personally don't see Bagley as a particularly polished offensive player, which is why I am predicting Carter to be the better scorer. I do think Bagley could be great on defense.

The young man is on campus today. I believe he has been in the area all week, with family in Fuquay-Varina.

There's a very impressive clip circulating with Marvin sidestepping NBA All-Star DeMar DeRozan and going in for a strong jam.

His fluidity at 6'11, 220 lbs (the most recent measurement) may be his most impressive attribute. Does remind me of Winslow in that regard.

Duke up to 75% on the crystal ball with new predictions from Alec Kinsky and Dylan Prezkop.

JohaadDBC said:
Dain Ervin and Bodie DeSilva both have USC as the choice.

Neither does Dain Ervin. Late in the game for Duval when everyone pretty much knew where Duval was going, he threw in a pick for Kansas. I believe he had Minnesota for Tre Jones recently but I could be wrong on that.

Duke now up to 83% on the Crystal Ball with Jason Marcum's prediction. He is a "site manager" for the Kentucky247 site with a 77% accuracy rate, Which is higher than everyone not named John Watson (80%). Slater is at 74% and Rowe is at 68%.

All 4 now have Duke, for the record.

I wouldn't trust accuracy rate too much. Some people just piggyback off others' accuracy. Slater is far more dialed in that Watson, for example.

I'm not saying that Jason Marcum isn't a good source. Just speaking generally. Watson is a con artist.

Here's our current depth chart at the 4/5 this year:

Carter
Bolden
Vrank
DeLaurier

Here's our projected depth chart next year:

Vrank
DeLaurier

We need him not to reclassify, but for Duke to continue to be the leader.

Has there been any news about his visit? Did anything change with regards to his reclassifying?

He visited USC the next weekend, and then apparently filed reclassification-related paperwork with the NCAA. I think that's all that's come out since the visit.

USC also offered his 7th grade brother a scholarship

I'm not sure I want him if he's enrolling early. A few reasons for my thinking:

1) Like I mentioned above, we need him more next year.

2) But let's say it's this year or nothing. Is it worth it, no matter how talented he is? He's not at a position of need. We add him to the team and someone's going to be unhappy. Likely Bolden. That's a chemistry issue waiting to happen.

3) He'll also cut into any minutes Javin and Vrank could potentially play. Vrank will likely stick it out because he's ranked really low and probably has limited expectations. But if we lose Javin, I'm not sure the tradeoff is worth it. Javin can offer us three years of solid play. I'm not sure how much better Bagley will make us this year.

4) His whole recruitment feels very sketchy to me. I want to avoid any ineligibility issues.

5) I'm not sure we need yet another OAD on the team. With OADs come agendas separate from team basketball. We've already got Carter and Duval as surefire pros, but then we've got Trent with one foot out the door and who knows what Bolden's thinking. At a certain tipping point, it's difficult to have everyone bought in.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom