Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

rhfarmer said:
well, the lamestream media won't report it, bro

I mean, there are some sites reporting the attempt by Chuck Grassley to get the investigation going, but it's not exactly the headline on NBC Nightly News.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no way that story in Forbes last month is not true.

I wouldn't be surprised if both campaigns had their hands in the Russian cookie jar honestly.

I hope he does this. Giuliani is a cartoon character. Sessions is a legit, old school southern racist. I prefer the cartoon character.

Is today finally the day I lose healthcare? Super glad that a brain tumor sufferer with excellent health care will be the one to take it from me (and more importantly, millions of children). Also super glad that the Senate doesn't even know what they're voting on. It's enough that it's a blow to Obama's signature legislation.

rome8180 said:
Is today finally the day I lose healthcare? Super glad that a brain tumor sufferer with excellent health care will be the one to take it from me (and more importantly, millions of children). Also super glad that the Senate doesn't even know what they're voting on. It's enough that it's a blow to Obama's signature legislation.

Gotta kill off that Obama legacy as soon as possible, in the hope that people will get started on the forgetting him stage.

rome8180 said:

It was so great that McCain flew back for the vote on motion to proceed despite railing against the fact this was against the normal procedure of the Senate to then 5 minutes later give a speech about what they had just done was against the normal procedure of the Senate.

Then, the pundits call him the 'Lion of the Senate'. Fucking idiots.

When he dies, we won't have to hear about how much of a maverick he was anymore. The only maverick thing he ever did in his political career was demean and debase this country by bringing Sarah Palin to the forefront. I think that has played a huge role in why we are where we are now.

Yeah, he set a precedent for legitimizing the most unqualified for the highest offices in the land (world?). I'm afraid that genie will never get shoved back into the bottle. He's a hypocritical old windbag, nothing more.

It's hard for me to put into words how much I hate these GOP politicians. I'm so glad that they can't be bothered to hold a single hearing that will directly impact every citizen in the country. When it gets proven that Trump and his campaign directly colluded with Russia, they will do nothing because they're just a bunch of corrupt pieces of shit. Fuck them.

aiw said:
rome8180 said:

It was so great that McCain flew back for the vote on motion to proceed despite railing against the fact this was against the normal procedure of the Senate to then 5 minutes later give a speech about what they had just done was against the normal procedure of the Senate.

Then, the pundits call him the 'Lion of the Senate'. Fucking idiots.

When he dies, we won't have to hear about how much of a maverick he was anymore. The only maverick thing he ever did in his political career was demean and debase this country by bringing Sarah Palin to the forefront. I think that has played a huge role in why we are where we are now.

So, a few minutes ago, he voted to waive the budget act as it pertains to the main new bill (which needed 60 votes and lost) going even further outside the norms. Then, he voted yes on the same bill that he he couldn't vote for unless there were huge changes just 6 hours earlier.

Maybe he'll die in his sleep tonight. He has no redeeming qualities.

I mean, these are his exact words this afternoon, “I will not vote for this bill as it is today. It's a shell of a bill right now. We all know that.”

The bill wasn't changed in any way.

He voted yes.

Pundits went crazy at his speech this afternoon. They swooned. It's like they never watched what he actually does when it comes time to vote.

He is a lot like the senator from my state Ben Sasse. Always tweets about how he disagrees with Trump yet has a 100% voting record with him. Don't care what you say if your actions don't match your words. Look forward to voting against both my senators next time they're up for re-election.

McCain has that special taxpayer funded gub'ment healthcare, I'm guessing? He should be a real hero, refuse to use it and instead try to pay for his treatment out of his own pocket. I'm guessing he'd probably last a week before he went bankrupt.

Bottom line - poor people, old people, aren't deserving of quality healthcare. Only elected partisan shills and their wealthy donors deserve it.

deepdarkblue said:
McCain has that special taxpayer funded gub'ment healthcare, I'm guessing? He should be a real hero, refuse to use it and instead try to pay for his treatment out of his own pocket. I'm guessing he'd probably last a week before he went bankrupt.

Bottom line - poor people, old people, aren't deserving of quality healthcare. Only elected partisan shills and their wealthy donors deserve it.

I'm for a two-tiered system. That's the only way to cover everyone without bankrupting the country. You've got to understand, though, that in such a system, the basic care provided to the poor is going to be absolutely horrendous, relatively speaking. You will never be able to administer "quality" care to everyone. The basic care would be like what they have in Europe, as opposed to the current United States, which has the best doctors with the best education using the best technology to conduct the best procedures in the best facilities. That would exist for those willing to pay for it, and yes, it is expensive. For good reason.

You're delusional if you don't think the United States has the resources to provide quality care to every single person.

Trump just "banned" transgenders from the military on Twitter. The logistics of this "ban" are not clear at present.

This is the type of sideshow cultural BS that I was hoping a New York billionaire would avoid. Sad.

AxeS24 said:
deepdarkblue said:

I'm for a two-tiered system. That's the only way to cover everyone without bankrupting the country. You've got to understand, though, that in such a system, the basic care provided to the poor is going to be absolutely horrendous, relatively speaking. You will never be able to administer "quality" care to everyone. The basic care would be like what they have in Europe, as opposed to the current United States, which has the best doctors with the best education using the best technology to conduct the best procedures in the best facilities. That would exist for those willing to pay for it, and yes, it is expensive. For good reason.

Yeah, Europeans are dumb! America is the best! Really, really terrific doctors.

No one in this country will accept higher taxes as a trade off for free health care. It's stupid.

We've Lost to President Trump

If it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. After months of chanting this is not normal the new normal is fully vested in our society. The critical moment came upon us, and when it did the People stood up and spoke with a single voice with a clear message: We'll put up with it.

The country has accepted his treason, his incompetence, his corruption, his embarrassing circus, and his contemptible agenda. There will still be fights. There will be skirmishes won and skirmishes lost by both sides. But the big picture will remain the same. President Trump will be in power, he will remain in power, he will continue to consolidate his power, he will use that power to personally profit at the nation's expense, he will hand over sweetheart deals to the Kremlin, he will cripple the workings of our government with his inept leadership.

It's pretty lengthy, but worth reading.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom