Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ACC Tournament 2014

Is the DukiesRock rule. Being overly optimistic is the only way to be a real fan. For Duke it works out more times than not. It must be really rough for random Mountain West fans who think their teams should win every game.

I missed the game - looking at the boxscore and reading your comments, looks like the Devils were in it until the end. 38-11 free throws, holy F. Sure would have been nice to have a banner.

I watched the game against the Pack. Quinn was brilliant.

I said this multiple times in the chat and I know it's ridiculous and stupid, but the officiating in some of these games has been so shitty that it genuinely feels like the "rule changes" were actually just the refs deciding in the offseason to call more fouls against Duke and also never give our guys foul calls ever.

sivartrenrag said:
I said this multiple times in the chat and I know it's ridiculous and stupid, but the officiating in some of these games has been so shitty that it genuinely feels like the "rule changes" were actually just the refs deciding in the offseason to call more fouls against Duke and also never give our guys foul calls ever.

I realized a couple of years ago that they were hopelessly incompetent.

UVa had an 80.9 FT rate against us on Sunday vs. 47.3 in Cameron, lol.
In contrast, we had a 17.5 FTR on Sunday vs. 40.8 in Cameron.
Duke gets all the calls, of course.

Never heard K go off on refs before until now:
"It's like old stuff," he said Monday on The John Feinstein Show. "We're not a state school so you don't have a press corps protecting you, you know what I mean? You're out there. That goes with the territory. Not only that, but announcers and talk shows and whatever. They will not say anything about yesterday's game. ... Obviously, there were 38 free throws to 11. There were things that, if you're trying to homer for somebody, you could homer. We don't get that at all. Ever. So that does get old.

That's "double standard" K. Glad to see he's back and we're not just crazy.

Although, it's also "Gary Williams" K and Duke is in Alaska.

Shaka Smart's response to K was perfect.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... tournament

"First of all, comparing your own league to someone else's league is like me saying that my daughter is cuter than your daughter," he said. "There's a level of bias that comes into play that you shouldn't even make those comments. Secondly, coaches are too busy to be an authority on someone else's conference.

"I know our league really well because we've been in our league preparing for our league, but I don't know much about anyone else's league beyond the teams we've played in non-conference play," he said.

Smart said a coach lobbying for his league is one thing, but taking pot-shots at another league "is low-level."

"You kind of want to stand up for your league," he said, "... a lot of this league solidarity, like a Duke guy standing up for N.C. State, that's all self-serving too. Let's be honest. 'Our league is great because it's our league.' It's a lot of that. Let's just have a level of respect for each other and let's respect the nine people on the selection committee and the work they put into to picking the 68 teams."

What's going on with K lately? Bad-mouthing other conferences, calling out officiating in the press, ... Has this shitty team gotten to him?

^^Tony Bennett has superseded Dean Smith in the ACC, and K's tired of Voorginia refs and the UVA hegemony.

Shaka Smart should stfu and hope like hell he doesn't have to face this Duke squad led by a pissed off K looking to run up the score on A-10 teams.

As if Shaka hasn't studied every single aspect of Carolina basketball, as well as his future rival to be, Duke.

I mean, the man has an Evernote folder of ACC city hotel recommendations, and don't tell me otherwise.

I was totally on board until "let's respect the nine people on the selection committee."

I actually don't have any problem with either coach's comments. I wouldn't mind K getting a little more not GAFing and un-PC in his old age, and Shaka's response was entirely reasonable. Funny how worked up everybody is getting on TDD.

K may have an opportunity to either back up his statements or look very foolish if UMass (10-6 in the A10) and Duke play in the Round of 32.

Pantone287 said:
I was totally on board until "let's respect the nine people on the selection committee."

I actually don't have any problem with either coach's comments. I wouldn't mind K getting a little more not GAFing and un-PC in his old age, and Shaka's response was entirely reasonable. Funny how worked up everybody is getting on TDD.

Yeah, I don't respect morons.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom