Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Alex Murphy

Would be appropriate for the national title game to come down to Seth Curry vs Kenny Boynton and Ryan Kelly vs Erik Murphy. The guys K really wanted, who spurned him to go to Florida, vs the backup plans K was forced to go with.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Would be appropriate for the national title game to come down to Seth Curry vs Kenny Boynton and Ryan Kelly vs Erik Murphy. The guys K really wanted, who spurned him to go to Florida, vs the backup plans K was forced to go with.

That was a crazy class. Wanted Boynton, McDonald, Echinique and Murphy. Got Ryan, Mason, Seth (the next year) and Andre (early). Hard to feel too bad about totally striking out.

Alex may see more floor time if Josh misses the State game (apparently JH has arm infection).

I was very impressed with Alex today. Dude can get to the hoop at will and he plays all-out. I'm excited to see how he does next year.

I think our team next year will actually be able to play the kind of defense K wants to play.

I think you might be right, but the idea of Murph trying to guard someone 30 feet from the hoop is making me really sad.

rome8180 said:
I think our team next year will actually be able to play the kind of defense K wants to play.

Dear God I hope so.

best4heisman said:
I think you might be right, but the idea of Murph trying to guard someone 30 feet from the hoop is making me really sad.

Murphy has only had two years in the system at this point. It takes a full three years at Duke to learn how to get in a defensive stance. Boxing out requires grad school.

I can see AM getting some good minutes in the UVA game. A tall order, but hopefully he can get a couple sneaky baskets against a good UVA defense.

I've come to the conclusion that a Murph dunk is my absolute favorite Duke play, (followed closely by a Josh Hairston 18 foot attempt; it doesn't matter if it goes in, it's still exciting) so I'm really hoping for one tomorrow night.

Son of a bitch he looks like he could be so good. If only he can put it together. Also, at least we know he can in fact hit a 3 pointer as seen in this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Close ups on someone's face while leg pressing are always a great idea.

I so hope he's in the rotation somehow, only because I want Murphdunks to be a thing our team does.

In some of the barbell shots, he's wearing an Adidas shirt. Oops. It looks like Dave Bradley or someone caught it, and he switched to a Nike top for a lot of the rest of the footage.

Whoever is playing backup small forward for Elon next year in garbage time better watch out.

But seriously, hope he earns some real playing time.

Pantone287 said:
Close ups on someone's face while leg pressing are always a great idea.

I so hope he's in the rotation somehow, only because I want Murphdunks to be a thing our team does.

Your last sentence basically sums up my thoughts on last season. I wanted Murph to get more playing time even though I knew he wasn't very good, just because he's exciting to watch.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Whoever is playing backup small forward for Elon next year in garbage time better watch out.

But seriously, hope he earns some real playing time.

I will bane you so hard

Alex Murphy ‏@AlexMurphy5 7h Coach will be back leading Team USA! Another reminder of how blessed I am! http://instagram.com/p/ZqNfdHirwH/

Credit to him at least for saying all the rights things and seemingly buying in fully despite playing very little this year. Any way he gets double digit minutes next season?

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Alex Murphy ‏@AlexMurphy5 7h Coach will be back leading Team USA! Another reminder of how blessed I am! http://instagram.com/p/ZqNfdHirwH/

Credit to him at least for saying all the rights things and seemingly buying in fully despite playing very little this year. Any way he gets double digit minutes next season?

Well yeah, if he becomes a decent (~36%) shooter, and stops looking lost on defense, he can get that many behind Hood.

Where would Dre get his minutes if that happens? Will K play a 36% three point shooter over a 40%+ one? I guess there's 10 minutes or so at SG behind Sulaimon, but I see Dre playing more than that.

He could possibly see time at the 4 behind Jabari. But that would be 5 minutes per game tops.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom