Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2014-2015

Refs do their best, they can't get every call right.

Oh wait, wrong year. Fuck refs.

Gary Parrish thinks Duke is worthy of preseason #1 without Parker and Hood, for some reason.

I'd have Wisconsin as #1, or perhaps Arizona if everyone returns but Gordon.

I am not even sure Duke should be the ACC favorite. But maybe that's my natural pessimism.

rome8180 said:
I am not even sure Duke should be the ACC favorite. But maybe that's my natural pessimism.

I'd pick UNC on paper, with UVA and Duke not far behind. It'll be interesting to see how UVA's defense is without Harris and Mitchell; I think they'll be fine on the other end.

childress22 said:
rome8180 said:

I'd pick UNC on paper, with UVA and Duke not far behind. It'll be interesting to see how UVA's defense is without Harris and Mitchell; I think they'll be fine on the other end.

Yeah, UNC is my pick. They're adding guard depth in Berry, wing depth in Pinson and Jackson, and their frontcourt should get better as well as their shooting. They've already proven they can play defense and their offense was improving by the end of the year.

I just don't trust us to play defense or have the proper leadership.

Consider Tennessee as well. They were one spot behind Wisconsin in the end. Are they returning everyone?

UT is losing Jordan McRae, their senior leader. He averaged 18.7 ppg on 30% usage with a 119 offensive rating. That's a huge loss.

I think UNC is going to be good, but think it's worth noting that they finished #27 in Kenpom.

Tenn loses three of five starters to graduation, including their top scorer, McRae. Don't have the advanced stats.

Rick Barnes can't coach, but I wouldn't want to play Texas next year. They should have all 5 starters back.

UConn is going to be really damn good next year if Daniels returns.

uncy12 said:
Eh, hard to replace Shabazz, UConn got lucky with him replacing Kemba

bdotling said:
uncy12 said:
Eh, hard to replace Shabazz, UConn got lucky with him replacing Kemba
Bringing in Purvis, and Daniel Hamilton. Hard to replace Napier but they will still be pretty damn good.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom