Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jaemyn Brakefield

I do know a Korean - Jaiman is how it is spelled but I didn’t put that together.

As a fellow fake Asian he’s probably as down on Duke basketball as I am

Out of self hatred in wanting to torture himself by watching and playing in Duke basketball games

Probably the best new Alex O'Connell hairstyle reveal yet.

Watched some highlights. Didn't hate what I saw. Jumper is ugly (big surprise). But should be a really good defender, transition scorer, and slasher. Body type is somewhere in between Wendell Moore and Jalen Johnson.

I think we can expect another shitty shooting team next year. Steward should help and AOC should play a big role again, but Roach, Brakefield, Coleman, Williams, Johnson will be bad shooters or non-shooters. And the guys mostly likely to return (Moore, Stanley, Jones) wouldn't help there either.

Apparently rumors that Brakefield isn’t going to sign and will ultimately end up playing for a different school, which, if I’m being honest, wouldn’t upset me all that much.

Of course he’s denying all this as of now. Probably something to monitor.

Yea - I saw rumblings last night, here's the tweet.....

Seems like some insider has heard he may be backing out and going to Ole Miss

That's interesting considering he just visited this past weekend.

I would like him to remain committed, but if he doesn't, I'm not going to really mind especially if he's going to Ole Miss.

My guess (and that’s all it is) is that it would be mutual and maybe even initiated by Duke. The whole recruitment felt unusual by Duke standards, which, as Rome alludes to, never leaves you feeling like it’ll stick.

Taking out the nature of how his commitment even came about, he doesn’t feel or look like what Duke tends to go for. Then again his situation seems eerily similar to the way Cassius Stanley’s was, and though it’s early, that seems to be going well for now.

I’m just not convinced that Brakefield is all that good and that he’s gonna be a potential problem in the locker room if he’s not getting the run he wants. I don’t get the same vibes from Coleman or Williams.

My guess (and that’s all it is) is that it would be mutual and maybe even initiated by Duke. The whole recruitment felt unusual by Duke standards, which, as Rome alludes to, never leaves you feeling like it’ll stick.

Taking out the nature of how his commitment even came about, he doesn’t feel or look like what Duke tends to go for. Then again his situation seems eerily similar to the way Cassius Stanley’s was, and though it’s early, that seems to be going well for now.

I’m just not convinced that Brakefield is all that good and that he’s gonna be a potential problem in the locker room if he’s not getting the run he wants. I don’t get the same vibes from Coleman or Williams.

To be fair, you're making pretty large assumptions based on almost nothing, unless you've read something unavailable to the general public. We have absolutely no way of knowing that he might be a potential locker room problem.

It does feel a bit Jordan Tucker-ish. I'm obviously not saying he's a horrible person like Tucker, but the recruitment feels a little too hasty. Unless a dude's been a lifelong Duke fan, which I've heard nothing about from Brakefield, such a quick commitment can signify not really thinking it through.

Adam Rowe is adamant that he's going to sign an LOI, so we'll see.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom