Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Josh Hairston

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Decent chance he'll be the starting center on what is expected to be a national championship contender next season.

I worry about that from a defensive perspective, but not so much on offense. Set some screens, scrap for boards, could be a nice role.

I think he relative lack of height would hurt on defense, although his rebounding should be ok (seems to be decent at working for position)

I am excited about what MP3 can bring for the rest of this season. I don't expect a high amount of minutes, but quality minutes (hustle & muscle)

I love what Josh has done for us this year, but I really do think his ceiling is lower, and therefore that it is best for the team if he doesn't earn much PT.

DukeBlue4Life said:
ah, no. last man off the bench next year. Please God let that happen
You talking about Josh or Marshall. Your statement applied to either is kind of dumb.

Dattier said:
I love what Josh has done for us this year, but I really do think his ceiling is lower, and therefore that it is best for the team if he doesn't earn much PT.
I'm not saying play him 25 minutes a game but he's obviously our 2nd best low block player next season so we'll need his skillset.

Actually, I think that would be good for Duke if that happened next year. It would mean we'd either landed a last-minute impact big, Marshall was straight beasting, or Amile proved capable of being a backup center.

But I don't see it happening. In the end, I think Hairston's scrappiness and experience will win out. Will be one of the leading bench guys in terms of minutes.

If Amile comes around, by all means. However, right now, Josh seems like a better fit next year.

Amile will provide more scoring. But I honestly don't think we need that. We need defense and rebounding. Amile can be effective at those things, but I see him doing them better from the four.

rome8180 said:
Amile will provide more scoring. But I honestly don't think we need that. We need defense and rebounding. Amile can be effective at those things, but I see him doing them better from the four.
We agree here. Murphy and Amile will bring those traits in spurts while subbing for Jabari and Hood. Frankly, I hope Hood is actually as good as people say because this reminds me of the way Murphy was talked up as well.

Based on what I've seen with my own eyes, I'd say he is. But who knows. Lots of players can look good in practices and Blue-White games.

And if he's not, it's not like we don't have tons of options at that position. Worst case scenario is we slide Jabari to the three and have one of Semi, Alex or Amile man the four.

Topher said:
DukeBlue4Life said:
You talking about Josh or Marshall. Your statement applied to either is kind of dumb.

Josh only, not Marshall. And Josh is terrible, I'm sorry but he's the most frustrating player to watch game after game. Sure, he occasionally draws a charge or makes a basket, but he is a chucker and makes a lot of horrible plays. I would never put Marshall in that boat, he hasn't had a chance to even show what he can do yet.

Josh has only taken more than three field goal attempts twice this year. Both were in blowout wins. In four games, he has had zero attempts.

OTOH, I believe he had three drawn charges in the last game.

He's not a great player. But he's a very solid glue guy on a team that doesn't need scoring.

DukeBlue4Life said:
Topher said:
DukeBlue4Life said:

Josh only, not Marshall. And Josh is terrible, I'm sorry but he's the most frustrating player to watch game after game. Sure, he occasionally draws a charge or makes a basket, but he is a chucker and makes a lot of horrible plays. I would never put Marshall in that boat, he hasn't had a chance to even show what he can do yet.
No idea how you classify him as a chucker. He takes only 12% of the team shots while he's on the floor. Only Tyler shoots less. Josh also rebounds better than Ryan and does a great job of ball denial in the post.

Hairston is this years' Thornton. For some reason people have given up the anti-Thornton campaign. But Hairston is the TDD whipping boy. Only going to get worse if Kelly is out for awhile.

rome8180 said:
Hairston is this years' Thornton. For some reason people have given up the anti-Thornton campaign. But Hairston is the TDD whipping boy. Only going to get worse if Kelly is out for awhile.
they have only partially given it up, there are still snide remarks about him from people who don't understand his value. But mainly because Quinn is starting now and they can beat on their chest and say I told you so even though it completely misses the point of last year's team versus this years.

Now Hairston has all these young talented kids behind him TDD gets irate, if they are better next year and play more than him, they will say I told you so again. I love Amile but he's just too weak right now, he's going to be a awesome once he gets some wire-strength going.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom