Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Matthew Hurt

TyusStones5

All American
Just a good luck thread that in only 15 short days may he choose the right color of blue to attend college.

I only want him if he's going to play the 3. He will struggle anywhere defensively, but at least at the 3 his size might be able to help him on smaller players, and his rebounding won't be as important with someone else at the 4.

I am beginning to step off the ledge with regards to Hurt, because it seems inevitable he will commit to Duke based on what I heard in Bunn's podcast.

I only want him if he's going to play the 3. He will struggle anywhere defensively, but at least at the 3 his size might be able to help him on smaller players, and his rebounding won't be as important with someone else at the 4.

I am beginning to step off the ledge with regards to Hurt, because it seems inevitable he will commit to Duke based on what I heard in Bunn's podcast.

PG: Jones / Moore
SG: Moore / Boogie Ellis
SF: Matthew Hurt / AOC
PF: The Big Hoss / Matthew Hurt (spot minutes) / Jack White
C: Javin DeLaurier / The Big Hoss

I think Bolden AND Baker transfer in that scenario but if Tre goes pro then Boogie can back up Moore at PG and it opens up minutes for Baker at SG. Goldwire gets his spot minutes in any of these predicted lineups.

Last edited:
I really wish Bolden stays.

Baker should transfer- I feel awful for him and his family the way Coach K absolutely screwed him. He lost a year of eligibility for 8 minutes- disgusting coaching.

Baker should transfer- I feel awful for him and his family the way Coach K absolutely screwed him. He lost a year of eligibility for 8 minutes- disgusting coaching.

I hope Bolden stays also, we need his rim protection and FT shooting in the long haul for next season.

We absolutely need The Big Texan to return. He is really good for this level. He's older, experienced, a great rim protector, and relatively massive. There aren't going to be many teams with a legitimate 6'11, 250 center who can do the things Bolden can.

If Baker transfers, he has to sit another year. That's completely insane.

I think if Hurt comes, this message board will eventually like him more than any other player we had this past year outside of Zion.

It needs to be reiterated: his offense is that good. I was amazed when I saw him for Team USA.

A Hurt/Carey combo would be the best offensive 3/4 combo in America.

I think if Hurt comes, this message board will eventually like him more than any other player we had this past year outside of Zion.

It needs to be reiterated: his offense is that good. I was amazed when I saw him for Team USA.

K and Hurt see Hurt as a Kyle Singler stretch 4. Do you believe Hurt and Carey can succeed offensively as the 4 and 5, AxeS?

K and Hurt see Hurt as a Kyle Singler stretch 4. Do you believe Hurt and Carey can succeed offensively as the 4 and 5, AxeS?

Offensively- without a doubt. Defensively, I don't like Bolden not being in there. If I had to choose between Bolden and Hurt, I would choose Hurt but would be pissed at having to go small. A Hurt/Carey/Bolden lineup is my preference.

I think Hurt's best position is the 3. He's fine their offensively- I think he has perimeter skills and he's fluid up there, he's not a stiff. It also IMO has the best chance of limiting his defensive weaknesses. I think he's going to suck defensively at either the 3 or 4 but IMO his defense would be catastrophic at the 4.

The NCAA sucks on this among other things, but specifically this transfer crap. Football you can play FOUR games and transfer without having a penalty, but play 8 minutes of basketball and you have to sit out a year is ridiculous

The NCAA sucks on this among other things, but specifically this transfer crap. Football you can play FOUR games and transfer without having a penalty, but play 8 minutes of basketball and you have to sit out a year is ridiculous
Yeah, the rule is dumb, but moreso the suggestion by folks on this board that he should transfer.

Yeah, the rule is dumb, but moreso the suggestion by folks on this board that he should transfer.

I never said that Baker would transfer I just said that I thought he would, big difference.

In 2 years, Joey can be what Jack White was this year- except Joey can shoot.

He'll be a very important piece on the 2020-21 team as a junior.

I'm continually amazed with some fans' obsession with "big ball." It's not fucking 1985. You want one non-shooter at most out there.

Also, most of our proposed small ball lineups aren't even that small. The Warriors play a 6'7" center when it matters. Villanova has won two of the last four titles going "small."

I'm continually amazed with some fans' obsession with "big ball." It's not fucking 1985. You want one non-shooter at most out there.

Also, most of our proposed small ball lineups aren't even that small. The Warriors play a 6'7" center when it matters. Villanova has won two of the last four titles going "small."
I want my roster to look like a beautiful NY skyline.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom