Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Patrick Tape

rome8180

Legend
Columbia transfer. Just committed to Duke. 6'10", 230. Does his scoring mostly at the rim. Efficient from the field (61% in 2019), passable from the line (66% in 2019). Decent rebounder (21% career DRB% and 12% ORB%). Pretty good shotblocker (7,7% block rate). Doesn't space the floor.

Biggest questions for me: why did he sit out last season of all years? Injury? I couldn't find any info on that beyond the mention of a "redshirt." Also, since his numbers look all right on paper why did he only play 23 mpg as a junior on a bad Columbia team?

Given the level of competition and given the year off, I'm not sure we should expect much. It's also worth noting that he's an NC native. So this is pretty cool for him, I imagine.

Good hands, athletic, good roll man (but look at how much more space he's operating with than a typical Duke offensive set). Comically bad shooting form on the few jumpers shown here. I'm impressed he made 66% of his FTs.

Some nice defensive rotations and a couple good plays to jump passing lanes.

Columbia transfer. Just committed to Duke. 6'10", 230. Does his scoring mostly at the rim. Efficient from the field (61% in 2019), passable from the line (66% in 2019). Decent rebounder (21% career DRB% and 12% ORB%). Pretty good shotblocker (7,7% block rate). Doesn't space the floor.

Biggest questions for me: why did he sit out last season of all years? Injury? I couldn't find any info on that beyond the mention of a "redshirt." Also, since his numbers look all right on paper why did he only play 23 mpg as a junior on a bad Columbia team?

Given the level of competition and given the year off, I'm not sure we should expect much. It's also worth noting that he's an NC native. So this is pretty cool for him, I imagine.

Tape opted to sit out of the 2019-20 season with a toe injury as he looked for his next opportunity to play in 2020-21.

He should fit right in at Duke. :fearful:

Last edited:
I'm not much of an advanced stat guy (ill leave that to the others here) - but looking at Torvik this morning, Tape actually seems alright granted this is from the 2019 season. but what I see is definitely encouraging.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 7.29.16 AM.png(vs all D-1)

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 7.24.57 AM.png(vs Top 100)

Not sure if anyone wants to shed some light on these, but I mean he's probably going to be able to contribute a little more than Williams next year. So with him and Williams manning the 5 spot, I think Im ok.

This is a great pick up. Like getting Javin back for a 5th year. Williams is raw and Tape looks very solid. Fills a need more than Towns. Plus if Hurt returns he wont have to play the 5.

So disappointed that his last name is pronounced Tah-Pay (Tapé)

Was so ready to talk about how much he participates in film sessions, how he was going to be our team's glue guy. Instead I'm relegated to comments about early male pattern baldness

I’ve only seen the video in this thread but watching it Tape reminds me of Tristan Thompson in college. There stats are not that far off but I don’t expect Tape to get enough playing time to come close to replicating the numbers he had at Columbia plus he was a junior and Thompson was only a freshman.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s just the minutes that will prevent him from getting Tristan Thompson numbers

I’ve only seen the video in this thread but watching it Tape reminds me of Tristan Thompson in college. There stats are not that far off but I don’t expect Tape to get enough playing time to come close to replicating the numbers he had at Columbia plus he was a junior and Thompson was only a freshman.

damn Tstone i see it too, Tape flashing those TT moves so hard he'll be dating a Kardashian before he graduates 😆😈😈:laughing::smilingimp::smilingimp::tongueclosed::tearsofjoy::sunglasses::astonished::smilingimp:

I don’t think it’s just the minutes that will prevent him from getting Tristan Thompson numbers

He was close to Thompson in points and total rebounds while being slightly better in assists and steals in eight less minutes played per game in his last season at Columbia.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom