Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seth Curry Injury

dukedavidson13

Role Player
Re: Buy or Sell

He has a stress fracture. He is going to be out for a long time this year. It is that serious. PM me if you have doubts on how I know (I understand why you might, no biggie), but I would not expect him to contribute very much for at least a few months if at all.

Rumors range from him being out a few weeks to being out until conference play.

Last word from the coaches is that he could be back next game.

Regardless of your feelings about Seth's role as a starter on this team, this hurts us pretty significantly if he is out for awhile.

Damnit, Kyrie, Kelly, now Seth WTF? Are we cursed? All I can think if of is, if he comes back later rather than sooner it could lead to chemistry problems. Sheed, Amile, and Murphy are going to have to be good right away. I hope if it's a serious injury he gets well soon.

Long term, the worst thing that can happen because of this is Sulaimon leaving earlier than expected. Roy could make McAdoo look awful for almost a full season. K won't have that luxury with Sulaimon.

QC/TT
Sulaimon/TT
Murphy/Amile
Kelly/Amile/ Murph
Plumlee/ zaf(jk)

That's be essentially a 7-man rotation with 3 freshmen...yeesh

On the bright side, the 8-man rotation seems clearer. Cook, Sulaimon, Murphy, Kelly, Mason will start and get starter's minutes, though I'm not sure K will want both Murphy and Mason on the court late in close games (I think Mason will be a 65%+ FT shooter, but Murphy could be sub-50%). Thornton fills the role he was always meant to play - the 3rd guy in a 3-guard rotation, capable of playing on the ball or off, as necessary. Jefferson backs up SF and PF. Marshall when healthy backs up Mason. Hairston is the classic 8.5 guy, filling in at PF and C while Marshall is injured or whenever Marshall or Jefferson get into foul trouble. No one cries for Duke when they are "forced" to fill their rotation with 4- and 5-star guys plus the god-like big-game big-moment player, Tyler Thornton.

Something to note: a stress frature is harder to put a time table on (similar to Kyrie's toe) because it varies with each person largely based on the degree of usage and how quickly a recovery is even feasible with taking time off to reduce any additional pressure on it. If anyone is a doctor (NOD, others), they could explain it better, but the time range really is close to a complete unknown. But I am sure that the coaching staff would prefer to hold Seth out until they were absolutely certain that he would be good to go for the rest of the year, which is why I say it is such a serious problem. I personally don't expect to see him on the court until January (and to me this is a best case scenario), but I am also super pessimistic by nature. So have at it.

I do agree that this is going to give a lot of time to Rasheed, Quinn and the other guards to get more PT to help them develop more quickly, which can be seen as a very small positive in these circumstances. Do we have a time table on Marshall's injury?

January return would be a great scenario, IMO. Sad to hear that January may be optimistic.

Ladies and gentleman, your 2012-2013 backcourt

TT
QC
Sheed

Louisville, Kentucky, and OSU will be fun times.

How poetic that Andre Dawkins would've provided much needed depth for Duke in his final season of college, just as he actually did in what was supposed to be his final season of high school. And the ultimate cause of his absence is likely an event that would not have happened but for his sacrifice to help Duke win its 2010 national championship.

bfactor said:
January return would be a great scenario, IMO. Sad to hear that January may be optimistic.

Oh it's not necessarily optimistic from a trainer's/doctor's perspective who would know much more about the specific situation, it's just what I personally would consider optimistic. I think that we just need to assume the worst for now, and try to move forward with who we have. Also, Alex might get some minutes at the 2 spot if we try to go for a big lineup...right?

Seems like it would be weird on both ends. If Mase needs to come out, we may have Kelly spelling him as a sort of "stretch 5"? Alex at the 2 is hard to imagine.

No idea why the staff is playing this one so close to the vest.

Especially since they went almost immediately public with Marshall's stress fracture.

Doesn't add up considering that they've been up front, presumably, about the Marshall injury. Maybe they think he can get a medical RS and having that possibility out in public would harm recruiting?

Yeah, that is much too short-term thinking. Just trying to imagine any circumstance under which the staff would willingly mislead on something like that.

Get the medical redshirt, convert to Mormonism, go on 2-year mission, come back and play for Duke at age 25.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom