Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seth Curry Injury

Isn't the idea that things changed very quickly between the time of the staff's latest public remarks regarding the injury, and they simply haven't said anything publicly since then?

Yeah, at fort Bragg it was shin splints. Very possible that they have since learned that it is a stress fracture and are waiting to get a timetable or simply waiting until they have to tell people (beginning of regular season)

It certainly is conceivable that what they thought was shin splints (aka medial tibial stress syndrome) was shown to be a hairline fracture on subsequent MRI. The first MRI might've just shown marrow edema/ periosteal reaction, but a follow-up could've shown an actual fracture. You need to realize that that MTSS is usually a precursor to tibiial stress fractures. What may have happened is that the first MRI showed the stress/ periosteal reaction, they thought it was just MTSS, and then, after a couple of weeks of rest, they repeated the MRI in hopes that the stress reaction would've dissipated due to lack of activity, and that they then realized there actually had been an underlying stress fracture.

NCCUknow said:
Yeah, at fort Bragg it was shin splints. Very possible that they have since learned that it is a stress fracture and are waiting to get a timetable or simply waiting until they have to tell people (beginning of regular season)

This theory makes the most sense.

NOD said:
It certainly is conceivable that what they thought was shin splints (aka medial tibial stress syndrome) was shown to be a hairline fracture on subsequent MRI. The first MRI might've just shown marrow edema/ periosteal reaction, but a follow-up could've shown an actual fracture. You need to realize that that MTSS is usually a precursor to tibiial stress fractures. What may have happened is that the first MRI showed the stress/ periosteal reaction, they thought it was just MTSS, and then, after a couple of weeks of rest, they repeated the MRI in hopes that the stress reaction would've dissipated due to lack of activity, and that they then realized there actually had been an underlying stress fracture.

Okay this makes sense. I was curious too. Thanks.

Best case scenario is actually that it happened earlier in the summer and he is at the end of recovery and the staff is just saying shin splints until he comes back for a variety of reasons (avoid media and polling fallout, protect curry potential draft stock, irrelevant anyways if he is back in beginning of the season, etc...)

NOD said:

wikipedia

aiw said:
NOD said:

wikipedia

lolol

BTW, if it really has been shown to be a stress fracture, he'll be in a walking boot/on crutches for the next game (actually, for folks that are actually on campus, he'd be wearing it whenever you see him). So I guess we'll know soon enough.

Didn't the staff play it close to the vest on the Ryan Kelly injury? This would have a real odd turn to it if it's actually a stress fracture.

uncy12 said:
Didn't the staff play it close to the vest on the Ryan Kelly injury? This would have a real odd turn to it if it's actually a stress fracture.
Yes but they did that so it wouldn't affect our tournament seeding. There's no logical reason to do it now, at least from my perspective.

But seriously, we are gonna go 40 mins without TT and two inexperienced young guards not getting in foul trouble?

Nu-uh

Fails safe lineup: Murph, Amile, Josh, Kelly, Plumlee

Is it at all possible for the forgotten one to come back to help his team win once again?

No. No chance.

Btw, can somebody post those @dukeforum tweets I read from the higher-ups who know stuff? Thanks

I miss all the excitement when I'm at work, this is not something I wanted to read when I came home.

If Seth is out for a long Time Kentucky and tOSU could beat us. I mean QC and Sheed are a very raw but talented back court. we would have to hope that Mason and Ryan play HUGE!

mbomb32 said:
If Seth is out for a long Time Kentucky and tOSU could beat us. I mean QC and Sheed are a very raw but talented back court. we would have to hope that Mason and Ryan play HUGE!

Racist

ChibCU said:
mbomb32 said:

Racist

What I love white people.. My wife is white..

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom