Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Z-Rating and Game Predictor

Re: The Z-Rating

Updated to account for a previous error.

Special thanks to UNC for crushing McNeese St. and bringing this error to my attention.

I won't be happy until our defense is better than Stephen F. Austin's.

JohaadDBC said:
I won't be happy until our defense is better than Stephen F. Austin's.

Rejoice!

Duke drops to #3, now has the #1 SOS.

Zack I don't know if this is possible, but can you add a "last 5 games" category in regard to efficiencies? Either offense and defense and/or overall. Be interesting to see how teams were trending.

I think its would be possible, but a different idea I had was to weight the games based on when they occurred. So the most recent game would hold the highest weight and the first game of the season would hold the least amount of weight.

Well, I was able to add numbers for the last 5 games, but now my chart is all jacked up.

Fixed.

Over the last 5 games:
Kentucky #1
Duke #3
UNC #90

I think it's amazing that you've done this, but I have a question.

Shouldn't the Z-rating represent the rank?

aiw said:
I think it's amazing that you've done this, but I have a question.

Shouldn't the Z-rating represent the rank?

I'm not sure what you mean. The rating shows expected performance against a theoretical average team. The rank compares each rating to all the other ratings.

Strange. When I looked at it earlier, some lower ranked teams had higher Z-ratings. All better now. I must be going crazy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom