Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

Doesn't count. Ohio State was bad back then.

Of course, we have to also consider that maybe the B1G is just bad this year, and Holtmann is taking advantage.

Chris Holtmann just beat Purdue on the road. Please let him replace K. He took over a dumpster fire at OSU and he's 20-5 and 11-1 in the B1G with wins over (at the time) #1 Michigan State and @ #3 Purdue. That team has improved so much since the beginning of the season when they weren't even expected to make the NCAA Tournament.

Anytime a coach has a flash of competency the hills cry out with 'let's replace K with HIM'.

I wonder who it will be next year.

That fucking 3 bigs lineup was a joke. Terrible idea,.

With that and acknowledgement of the ongoing lousy defensive strategy, there are some things going on with this team that the coaches should not be receiving blame for - the effort for loose balls/rebounds is a fucking travesty. There is no fucking way the coaches are not making this a point of emphasis. This is individual player effort.

In the post game at least K knew that defensive rebounding is what killed us. Too bad he's too dumb to fix it.

Also said the 3 big man lineup is something they've wanted to try but Bolden has been hurt.

With that and acknowledgement of the ongoing lousy defensive strategy, there are some things going on with this team that the coaches should not be receiving blame for - the effort for loose balls/rebounds is a fucking travesty. There is no fucking way the coaches are not making this a point of emphasis. This is individual player effort.
I somewhat agree, but there’s also an easy way for a coach to combat lack of effort. PT.

Yeah, I loved seeing the majority of the team bending over for loose balls. And watching our five star giant marshmallow line up being out-rebounded by scrubs.

I somewhat agree, but there’s also an easy way for a coach to combat lack of effort. PT.

Fair comment PF - but they did run out 9 guys tonight. None of which displayed any willingness to chase the ball. There really was not any options beyond this.

It seemed like the switch everything 1-5 strategy left us in some bad rebounding match-ups/block-out responsibilities.

Can always count on this staff to come up with a winning defensive game plan!

Reactions: TBC
How many seasons in a row can a coach watch his system get abused by a simple ball screen before figuring it out?

Reactions: TBC
How many seasons in a row can a coach watch his system get abused by a simple ball screen before figuring it out?

What happened to sinking below the screen and keeping a shot blocker at the rim (as demonstrated against WF)?

Can't do that against a big that can pick and pop. Johnson and Maye just popped instead of rolling.

The probable end of the OAD era and K's likely retirement after next season will be mercy killings at this point. I think we are going to look back in a few years at all the former Duke talent we have lighting it up in the NBA and feel absolutely sick at how little we accomplished with it.

The probable end of the OAD era and K's likely retirement after next season will be mercy killings at this point. I think we are going to look back in a few years at all the talent we have lighting it up in the NBA and feel absolutely sick at how little we accomplished with it.

Pretty remarkable, although I guess UK fans have similar feelings.

What happened to sinking below the screen and keeping a shot blocker at the rim (as demonstrated against WF)?

Can't do that against a big that can pick and pop. Johnson and Maye just popped instead of rolling.

Thanks - my bad for not considering this. What is the correct response? Just fight through the screen? Have the guards switch out?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom