Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2014-15 ACC games

Jesus, that has to be some kind of record. Much more impressive than Klay Thompson's 37 points in twelve minutes

Check this out:

QTxLl6w.jpg

Holy shit, I did not know all the points came in such a short time frame. The Pride of Scarborough, ladies and gents.

Scarborough also gave the world Mike Myers & the Barenaked Ladies (you're welcome)

rome8180 said:
Check this out:

QTxLl6w.jpg

"It's been..."

(Sorry. I now have that Barenaked Ladies song in my head, so you will too.)

I don't understand why ESPN3 has the replay of the FSU-Miami game but espn.com doesn't even have a highlight video. I can't find decent highlights of it anywhere.

Geez, Chris Jones.

I thin if Sulaimon did something like this, we would know by now.

Regarding XRM:
I don't know how that isn't a top headline on ESPN.com, that is just incredible. I happened to see a Fox Sports article by accident otherwise I wouldn't have seen anything about it. Even after that 6-11 outburst from three, he's only shooting 27% for the year, talk about being in the zone.

Until the last 2 sentences, I thought CK's post was about Chris Jones.

Removing my Canadian bias, XRM is a talented but extremely streaky chucker. A more likable Waiters, if you will.

CK86 said:
Regarding XRM:
I don't know how that isn't a top headline on ESPN.com, that is just incredible. I happened to see a Fox Sports article by accident otherwise I wouldn't have seen anything about it. Even after that 6-11 outburst from three, he's only shooting 27% for the year, talk about being in the zone.

State is shitting the bed against Boston College.

They should be an NCAA tourney team, and they go ahead and play like this.

I'm actually relieved that State is blowing it to save Duke the embarrassment of having State go farther than Duke in the NCAAT

I agree with Shav's comment in the chat yesterday - Cuse has a decent chance to beat UVA on Monday night.

Duke is locked into the ACCT 2 seed. The 7 seed will either be Miami or State, so Duke will have its shot at revenge in the quarters unless there's a big upset. It's more likely that it will be State, unless Miami loses @VT.

If L'Ville beats UVA, it gets the 4 over UNC regardless of what happens in the Duke/UNC game. If L'Ville loses to UVA, it gets the 5 regardless of what happens in the Duke/UNC game. So the Duke/UNC game is meaningless for ACCT purposes. Here are the other scenarios (copied from Syracuse.com):

VIRGINIA (16-1; at Louisville)

The Cavaliers will be the No. 1 seed

DUKE (14-3; at North Carolina)

The Blue Devils will be the No. 2 seed

NOTRE DAME (13-4; Clemson)

The Fighting Irish will be the No. 3 seed

LOUISVILLE (11-6; Virginia)

Will be the No. 4 seed with a win
Will be the No. 5 seed with a loss

NORTH CAROLINA (11-6; Duke)

Will be the No. 4 seed with a Louisville loss
Will be the No. 5 seed with a Louisville win

MIAMI (9-8; at Virginia Tech)

Will be the No. 6 seed with a win OR an N.C. State loss
Will be the No. 7 seed with a loss AND an N.C. State win

N.C. STATE (9-8; Syracuse)

Will be the No. 6 seed with a win AND a Miami loss
Will be the No. 7 seed with a loss OR a Miami win

CLEMSON (8-9; at Notre Dame)

Will be the No. 8 seed with a win OR a Pittsburgh loss
Will be the No. 9 seed with a loss AND a Pittsburgh win

PITTSBURGH (8-9; at Florida State)

Will be the No. 8 seed with a win AND a Clemson loss
Will be the No. 9 seed with a Clemson win
Will be the No. 10 seed with a loss AND a Clemson loss

FLORIDA STATE (7-10; Pittsburgh)

Will be the No. 9 seed with a win AND a Clemson loss
Will be the No. 10 seed with a win AND a Clemson win
Will be the No. 10 seed with a loss

WAKE FOREST (5-12; at Boston College)

The Demon Deacons will be the No. 11 seed

BOSTON COLLEGE (3-14; Wake Forest)

The Eagles will be the No. 12 seed

GEORGIA TECH (3-15)

Will be the No. 13 seed with a Virginia Tech loss
Will be the No. 14 seed with a Virginia Tech win

VIRGINIA TECH (2-15; Miami)

Will be the No. 13 seed with a win
Will be the No. 14 seed with a loss

physicsfactor said:
Why does Syracuse.com care?

Snark aside, their ACC basketball writer, Patrick Stevens, is one of the best, and a good Twitter follow, too. I like that he sometimes takes the time to do nerdy work like this.

Duke will have all evening games in the ACC tournament this year. Ugh. I work nights. I kind of need to request time off tonight or early tomorrow. But I can at most request one day off. Should I request for the championship game? Probably, right?

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
If L'Ville beats UVA, it gets the 4 over UNC regardless of what happens in the Duke/UNC game. If L'Ville loses to UVA, it gets the 5 regardless of what happens in the Duke/UNC game. So the Duke/UNC game is meaningless for ACCT purposes
Louisville people do not believe this is the case wrt a Louisville loss

If Louisville loses to Virginia and North Carolina loses at home vs. Duke on Saturday, the ACC would compare Louisville and North Carolina's winning percentages against the teams tied for (or alone in) sixth place. Right now, there are five teams in the hunt for sixth, and the great Card Game details how that could potentially shake out.

More from Card Game on Thursday: The tiebreaker Louisville could win if Louisville and North Carolina finish 11-7 is by having an equal winning percentage (2-1) as North Carolina against NC State and Miami -- tied for 6th place at 10-8 -- and a better winning percentage (2-1 vs. 1-1) against Syracuse and Pittsburgh -- tied for 8th place at 9-9.

Louisville would also prevail if Clemson joins the tie at 8th place with a 9-9 record.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...acc-tournament-tiebreaker-scenarios/24310421/

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom