Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Louisville, Syracuse, at VT, UNC

True but I don't think we can win it without him. Yes he's a bad defender but he'd probably be pretty good in zone. He's our best scorer and rebounder by a mile and I don't think we can replace that unless the defense because elite which I don't expect. He has to come back before the ACC tourney imo.

It's pretty funny how shit we've been at forcing turnovers in our aggressive m2m (like, bottom 10 in country bad) and then the second we commit to zone, suddenly we start actually turning teams over.

I was only able to watch the 2nd half. Solid effort. Grayson & Carter were badass.

Solid D once again.

This defense being consistently stingy and Grayson playing well for four straight games is very encouraging. If nothing else, this season is no longer on the verge of becoming a 2014-type disaster that I was fearing it was careening toward after the UNC game. Just hope Bagley's return, if he even does come back, doesn't screw it all up.

Honestly I think Bags could only be a massive asset. Yes he struggled on D, but with the change to zone he could be ok. The recent TDD podcast has some decent conversation to this end.

The 2 Carter blocks on the same play after he hurt his ankle were so good. Too bad the refs robbed him of the 2nd block. Refs handed UL 6 points on missed offensive interference, terrible goaltend call on Carter and some silly foul called on Allen when he actually played amazing defense. Kenpom rating should be even better.

Bolden was solid in the limited minutes. Hopefully he is getting his legs back.
Biggest thing that jumped out to me was his improved rebounding fundamentals. Goes up with both hands now. Times his jumps better.

Man, Mike Patrick seems like a great guy, but he was a horrible announcer (at least in his dotage). And he added insult to injury by ruining five minutes of exciting basketball, including two great DeLaurier plays. Not really his fault, but still...

Whose the last player to have this much of a game to game impact on defense as Wendell? It has to be Shelden, right? Not even Justise was doing this.

That's probably prisoner of the moment but he's completely shut down the rim in a way we haven't seen in so long

How were we in the teens on defense in 06 and ranked 28 in 09 but then top 10 in 07 and 08? I’ve always wondered if DeMarcus Nelson was secretly one of our best defensive players ever.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom