Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #1 Duke vs Stephen F. Austin

Saturday was very emotional...our 3 seniors played their last game in Nac. We have them a proper send off and they cut down the nets (for regular season champs). Each senior got a chance to give a little speech, surrounded by family and SFA fans. Here is the last part of Bain's:

@Tiffany you're killing it, please keep posting if SFA wanders into the wilderness in the future.
Lolz...will do!

Quick interview with Kevon:

BTW...I am nervous about this week. We are so close again...I dont want a shitty team from the Southland to come in and fuck it all up. Our guys seem focused tho. Our coaching team does a good job of keeping them centered around the next game up. I will post periodically here, if y'all want, as I will be attending all the games at the tournament. I work 20 minutes from Katy, so easy drive for me.

Today, we grieve. We grieve the loss of our seniors, the loss of getting to see them play ONE more time, and the celebrations. We will forever wonder what could have been.

But we also are full of pride. Pride of our team rebuild from last year, of 3 seniors taking on leadership roles and getting a yr program back into Dominating the Southland. And of course, we celebrate our little team beating Duke on the big stage, making SFA more prominent in the BB conversations and for contributions made to Bain's GoFundMe.

Thank you Duke Forum...for jumping on the SFA wagon. Continue cheering us on! And thanks for welcoming us on your boards.

I second that sentiment. Thanks very much for welcoming the folks from SFA. Since there is very little hope of the NCAA reconsidering and just postponing a definitive decision, it seems as though I'm at a wake.
Estimates from our athletic department show our win over Duke was worth $50 million in advertising. It's impossible for a mid major from a terrible conference to get that kind of exposure without beating a consistent, excellent program. And, although he committed before the Duke game, the win helped solidify the choice of probably the most dominant "2" guard in the State of Texas for next season above several power five suitors. SFA will be a force again in 2020.
What is happening now is bigger than sports, but I still have to get over the shock that the euphoric wave SFA fans have been experiencing came crashing down yesterday. As Tiffany said, what could have been.
Good luck and good health to all Duke fans. And maybe, just maybe Apollo Creed (Duke) will want that rematch with Rocky (SFA). All the best.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom