Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #1 Duke vs Stephen F. Austin

I know this story was supposed to air during the NCAA tournament. Looks like they are playing it sometime tomorrow...

Sweet. I'm self-isolating and need something to watch. Canceled my NBA League Pass but still have my YouTubeTV.

Sweet. I'm self-isolating and need something to watch. Canceled my NBA League Pass but still have my YouTubeTV.
We re-watched the SFA vs WVU Round 1 games from 2016. Some angel posted it on YouTube a few months ago (the entire game). It was fun to see it again and to see some of the players (Nate was actually a Freshman but didnt play).

I hear the best games of the season are being re-aired so we starting tagging FoxSports to re-air Duke vs SFA on twitter. I'm off work for awhile (work in education) so I will def be binge watching and reading! I miss sports :(

Don't be offended if I don't rewatch us lose to you guys. I would definitely be interested in the human interest story, however.
Haha none taken....but I still think it was a great game! Getting my tissues ready for Nate's story...

Bain's story...a longer version will air on SportsCenter by 10 pm. Hey, at least it's a sports related story! Softens the hurt of not having a Selection Sunday a tiny bit...it is more than just a game

I was just sharing the video...not trying to debate an opinion 😂 And, yes, I think they are using the point spread as a way of advertising/quantifying the upset. Most Duke fans hadn't heard of us. People go back and forth with Evansville vs SFA being the biggest upset. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Turned out being a big boost for our program in a year that ended shitty for all teams. So...call it whatever you want!

Huge Duke fan here...I think the Jacks caught Duke at just the right time. The Blue Devils were frying bigger fish and this was the Super Bowl for SFA. Youth played a big role in the outcome. Positive note for both sides is that money was raised for rebuilding homes destroyed by hurricane.... waiting to see next years Duke team and what’s the starting lineup. And who defects to the NBA.

SFA is only falling afoul of APR standards because they have actual academic expectations for their student athletes. They could simply enroll them in classes that don't exist and hand out As and then give them fake diplomas like some other schools. This makes me respect their institution more.

edit for typo

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom