Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #1 Duke vs Stephen F. Austin

LOL.

SFA getting punished while UNC and likely Kansas skates.

This is why you cheat first and then fight like no tomorrow if you get caught. What a sham organization.

Please pay Kuminga, Duke.

Most academic institutions have some short of shady shit going on.

Look at the recent scandal with Yale, Stanford, Georgetown, and the two LA schools. Those are names that are as big as it gets. And those are just the ones that got caught.

My initial thought without delving into it too much is that SFA didn't put up enough of a fight. You simply cannot accept a penalty from some shitstain organization like the NCAA, which is run by nerds and halfwits.

Needless to say, SFA alum/fans are devastated. It's been 2 days of kicking an injured dog and we know we have to prove ourselves again.

I understand the penalties but think all of them are overkill, especially since we self-reported the issue. All of this last season (for every sport) still stands as all of the athletes were eligible. The Duke win, the SLC Champions still in tact.

What hurts the most are the banners and wins taken from us. I hate that the former administration's behaviors/lack of insight/whatever you want to call it....means the students have to pay the consequence.

Just...a really horrible thing. All around. But I'm proud of the current regime and we will definitely make a come back. If y'all have specific questions, I can try to answer them.

@Tiffany Does it steam your clams/grind your gears/burn your biscuits that UNC had its athletes take fake classes for decades to ensure good grades and faced no consequences, while SFA tried to do the right thing but is facing severe consequences for subpar grades? It sure sticks in our craws here at Duke Forum.

@Tiffany Does it steam your clams/grind your gears/burn your biscuits that UNC had its athletes take fake classes for decades to ensure good grades and faced no consequences, while SFA tried to do the right thing but is facing severe consequences for subpar grades? It sure sticks in our craws here at Duke Forum.

Of course it does. Paying players, the Baylor incidents...ugh so many. Of course, we don't have the funds to keep fighting it with counsel and that is one reason we took the penalties released/negotiations. I woulda hate to have seen the tougher punishment. But, I think the NCAA is trying to make an example of us to others. SMDH

I just want other to realize this wasn't the students fault. Their elective courses were calculated toward degree courses/completion (within the APR calculations) when they shouldn't have been and received bad advising from the old regime. I really think our last FB coach had some part but that will never be known.

You guys should follow Duke's lead and not field a D1 football team.

There are several who would like to drop FB (including me) BUT football is King in Texas so that ain't happening. I do like our new FB HC.

APR is a lot more cut and dry than eligibility issues like UNC’s. I wouldn’t imagine there’s much SFA can do to argue against it.

APR is a lot more cut and dry than eligibility issues like UNC’s. I wouldn’t imagine there’s much SFA can do to argue against it.
Which is why we are taking the repercussions and moving on. It stings. And curses on the prior administration tarnishing our record.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom