Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] North Carolina

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s beyond fucking embarrassing that Hubert blamed the refs. Sure there were a few questionable calls but Christ it’s not that hard to understand. Duke literally packed the paint faring UNC to shoot. UNC clanked wide open 3s all night and duke owned the paint
And the fast break and the boards

It’s beyond fucking embarrassing that Hubert blamed the refs. Sure there were a few questionable calls but Christ it’s not that hard to understand. Duke literally packed the paint faring UNC to shoot. UNC clanked wide open 3s all night and duke owned the paint
And the fast break and the boards
I didn’t find myself mad about the refs at all. I lost count of 5 wide open UNC 3s that resulted in Duke run outs from how badly bricked they were

What a night for our floppy-haired light-skinned guys. I thought this was a huge game for Proctor, despite numbers not being eye-popping. He was all over the place on both ends, and while he made some mistakes, they tended to be errors of overconfidence where he got a little too ambitious feeling his own flow and trying to make things happen, rather than errors from being overwhelmed and wide-eyed. Total opposite end of the spectrum from early-season, and really promising for his trajectory.

I also love that we've gone to him as the unquestioned PG, to the point that Roach stopped right after midcourt on one of the last possessions and just waited for him to come take it. Our offense looks so much better with him Nashing around than with Roach cosplaying as a PG.

Also, this was an all-around encouraging night for Scheyer. Cameron looked like it had a terrific and organic energy to it, which I think he helped stoke this week, and the team just seemed prepared for the occasion. Each of the starters having at least 7 rebounds is good evidence of that, I think.

What a night for our floppy-haired light-skinned guys. I thought this was a huge game for Proctor, despite numbers not being eye-popping. He was all over the place on both ends, and while he made some mistakes, they tended to be errors of overconfidence where he got a little too ambitious feeling his own flow and trying to make things happen, rather than errors from being overwhelmed and wide-eyed. Total opposite end of the spectrum from early-season, and really promising for his trajectory.

I also love that we've gone to him as the unquestioned PG, to the point that Roach stopped right after midcourt on one of the last possessions and just waited for him to come take it. Our offense looks so much better with him Nashing around than with Roach cosplaying as a PG.

Also, this was an all-around encouraging night for Scheyer. Cameron looked like it had a terrific and organic energy to it, which I think he helped stoke this week, and the team just seemed prepared for the occasion. Each of the starters having at least 7 rebounds is good evidence of that, I think.
Yeah, Lively's development and the shifting of the backcourt roles have been the two biggest developments for this team. Proctor is clearly better playing on the ball, but also Roach is clearly better as a secondary creator. His only responsibility is to come off screens and shoot.

People talk about Roach in the tournament last year as if he became our "point guard." But in my view, his role was much closer to what it is now. If anything Paolo was our point guard in the tournament.

Lively was obviously way better. But the anti-Young brigade on Twitter was insufferable tonight. Young has clearly been the better player all season until recently. The Young haters are acting like this is some sort of vindication of their unfounded position.

Also, Hubert Davis should have been T'd up in the first half. He can fuck off and die with his whining.

Man, it's so good to see Bacot fail. He might be the biggest piece of shit to put on that uniform. So much unfounded arrogance for a guy with 50 career losses.

There's also this.

How in the fuck do they not see this? Once the shot goes up, the officials should be focused primarily on lane activity. The perimeter guys are too far away to try to crash the boards, so they're complete nonfactors while the ball is in the air. And lo and behold, the ref on the baseline actually moves closer. I can't tell exactly, but it looks like he's staring right at them in the lane.

Also, gotta love that all of Hubert's terping in the context of the overall foul differential being 14-11 (13-9 before the intentionals). What a dork.

Does he also fucking realize that UNC basically took jumpers all night, including 27 three point attempts compared to Duke‘s 11? Davis, Love, Black and Nance were just taking jumpers all game.

They are a Nance benching away from being a much better team. If he’s shooting 30 percent from 3 and isn’t quick laterally he is doing them
no favors as a four, especially from a spacing perspective.

Manek drew defenders out and gave their guards room to operate. They don’t have that this year. I think they’d be a lot better with Puff Johnson at the 4. Chris Collins got blasted for not playing Ryan Young and Nance together but he was probably correct in not doing so.

I make a lot of shitty predictions on this board but I think I was at least correct in being happy they landed Nance and not Mayer.

I’m so scarred from the decade of shit K coached defensively that I find 63-57 wins to be far more satisfying than 83-77 ones at this stage.
Yeah it’s still going to take another season or two before I become adjusted to the fact that mid teams scoring 80 or 90 on you at home is in fact not a regular occurrence and shouldn’t be expected, but Scheyer’s defensive strategy so far is working to alleviate that PKTSD learned helplessness.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom