Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] ACC Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I only watched the last five minutes or so, but Pitt looks legit. They played their ass off. They’ve gotta be able to compete on the glass with Carolina tomorrow, be tough on their shooters, and maybe they’ve got a shot.

Good for Capel. Agreed that this is one of his better coaching jobs.

Aren’t they pretty young, too (Hinson notwithstanding)? Obviously the NIL era changes everything, as I’m sure their guys will be getting inundated with offers from bigger programs this off-season, but if they can get Carrington, Leggett, and Lowe back next season they’re gonna be a hand full.

Even 2 out of those 3 guards coming back would be good, with Brandin Cummings (Nelly's younger brother) coming in.

What they need is another wing.

At least Capel has shown he can recruit while at Duke. And while Collins hasn't shown as much as a recruiter, I do think he's shown considerably more than Amaker. The restrictions at Northwestern are almost as limiting as at Harvard. And he's brought in some decent classes there. Plus, taking Northwestern to the tournament for the first time ever was objectively more impressive than anything Amaker managed to do. Amaker has had a couple good seasons, but he's also had the benefit of coaching in the Ivy League and not having to go against a bunch of state schools with massive athletic budgets.

Amaker had a solid run at Harvard from 2012-2015, making four consecutive tournaments, and even pulling off a couple big upsets, but he’s done nothing of note since. Made a grand total of one NCAA Tournament appearance in 10 years as a P5 head coach at Seton Hall and Michigan.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom