Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Baylor (Garden Classic, New York)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last Duke player to ignite white hot hatred was Grayson. I haven’t seen too much anger towards Filipowski at all. The furor over Allen truly felt like the last gasp of organic Duke hate that was already past its peak by 2010.

We haven't been good enough to engender that type of hatred. I also wish Baylor now wasn't coming in off of a massively embarrassing loss and had been undefeated. Silver lining is that maybe the MSU win can at some point creep back into Quad 1 territory.

I’m actually glad they are coming off a bad loss. This team needs to learn how to win games against teams that desperately want to beat you, because in the tournament every game is like that.

Last edited:
The "Superbowl" stuff may be silly, but I do expect at least three of their players to have a murderous hatred of Duke based on absolutely nothing. This hatred will be fueled into transcendent, un-replicatable play.

And some guy who's never made more than 12 points in a game will score about 30.

The last Duke player to ignite white hot hatred was Grayson. I haven’t seen too much anger towards Filipowski at all. The furor over Allen truly felt like the last gasp of organic Duke hate that was already past its peak by 2010.

We haven't been good enough to engender that type of hatred. I also wish Baylor now wasn't coming in off of a massively embarrassing loss and had been undefeated. Silver lining is that maybe the MSU win can at some point creep back into Quad 1 territory.

Mich St is back in the top 50 so it is now in fact a Q1 win.

This team needs good wins, period. It doesn't need some hypothetical "teaching win" based on abstract principles you just plucked out of thin air.
It’s not an abstract principle, it the actuality of translating ones need to win in theory into a sense of urgency and action on the floor.

I’m actually glad they are coming off a bad loss. This team needs to learn how to win games against teams that desperately want to beat you, because in the tournament every game is like that.
This is something Duke encounters almost every time the team takes the floor.
When you put it that way, it really is like the other team's Superbowl because no one wants to lose the Superbowl.

I think this game comes down to 3pt shooting, not how motivated Baylor is. Baylor is 2nd in the country in 3pt percentage and was 1st before the MSU game. They have seven players shooting over 40% from three.

On the other hand, they allow their opponents to take a lot of their shots from three. And opponents are only shooting 31% from there. Before the MSU game, it was 29%.

This to me suggests a team who shoots very well but who is also benefitting from extreme variance. Against MSU, they lost the 3pt battle and got blown out. Now, they also had 21 turnovers, which was just as big a factor. I hate to say this, but this might be a game for K-fense. Run them off the 3pt line. If that results in some open layups, you can still win the game because they're not great defensively. What you don't want is for them to shoot 45% from three on high volume.

Tl; dr - if Duke shoots like they've been shooting from three and Baylor shoots like they did against MSU, Duke wins.

Social media team sure is pushing folks to buy tickets.

[SMTTEM]No one wants to see this trash Duke team play. Sad.[\SMTTEM]

Well, I actually thought we had a chance of winning until Zion took 12 total shots on national TV and the Pelicans lost to the Grizzlies at the buzzer.

I was at 2 of these. The temple preseason NIT win and the K 1000.

I forgot how quick Andre Dawkins got his shot off.

The editing of this things is terrible.

I’m still mad at K for underutilizing Zion.

The 1999 St. John’s game should have been on there.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom