Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think you can truly evaluate him until he's coaching all his own players, he's at least competent, but how much more than that is still an unkown

LastHearth said:
I don't think you can truly evaluate him until he's coaching all his own players, he's at least competent, but how much more than that is still an unkown
This is mostly his team now. The only Roy players left this year were Bacot and Davis

I still don’t know what to truly make of Hubert.

I thought he did a great job this season. They were annoying because they were so old, but he completely retooled that roster in the off-season. He gets credit for that. During the season they played a good brand of basketball, and the two transfers they brought became much better players. He deserves credit for that too. they also played incredibly hard, and out toughed Duke twice, which he gets credit for as a motivator. If his biggest flaw is being a bad in-game coach in tight situations he'll be pretty good because this season reflected very well on him. imo.

Devilsforlife said:
LastHearth said:
This is mostly his team now. The only Roy players left this year were Bacot and Davis
Yeah but the 2 biggest stars on the team is still not his.

I think Hubert has good core offensive principles. He also seems to be good at scouting the portal for team need. That will be useful in this new era.

I'm not sure I've seen him do anything tactically brilliant within a game, but I'm also not watching a ton of UNC games.

Illinois is winning the title if they get past UConn. I hate that this is the case but it's all I can foresee happening. Ugh, I just hate them.

I think Hubert has good core offensive principles. He also seems to be good at scouting the portal for team need. That will be useful in this new era.

I'm not sure I've seen him do anything tactically brilliant within a game, but I'm also not watching a ton of UNC games.

He nailed Manek and Ingram. Ryan was a streaky, but annoying player. Completely whiffed on Pete Nance last year. It’s forgotten, but Dawson Garcia was another strikeout.

I will say I did notice their offense bogged down a lot at the end of games this year, even ones they wound up pulling out. We saw that again in the final 2 minutes tonight.

I thought he did a great job this season

We’re like three or four possessions of chance away from having the same exact season as them, arguably better, with a considerably younger team and much worse transfers. There wasn’t this huge gap you like to imagine

He nailed Manek and Ingram. Ryan was a streaky, but annoying player. Completely whiffed on Pete Nance last year.

I will say I did notice their offense bogged down a lot at the end of games this year, even ones they wound up pulling out. We saw that again in the final 2 minutes tonight.

Cormac Ryan pretty much was just a solid role player all year. He will always have greater notoriety for his performance at Cameron. He killed us and talked trash the entire time doing it. He's a legend to the UNC fans and Duke haters.

just realized withers was also the guy who gave Nelson that And-1 to end the game. what an absolute nightmare 2 minutes for him that ended his teams season.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom