Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
God damn... if you're a player on a team still alive in this tournament...

And you saw/listened to at least some of UConn's post-game presser, there is absolutely no way you don't want to slit their fucking throats.

A dais with an entire row of smug, smarmy, faux-humility cockwaffles... and Danny's the worst...

God damn... if you're a player on a team still alive in this tournament...

And you saw/listened to at least some of UConn's post-game presser, there is absolutely no way you don't want to slit their fucking throats.

A dais with an entire row of smug, smarmy, faux-humility cockwaffles... and Danny's the worst...
Just some incredible luck lately. They missed on Nick Timberlake then end up with Cam Spencer. Issue is I don’t see anyone beating them. They are as complete as it gets.

IL will give UConn all they can handle. IL has been slept on all season and Shannon is a beast. He’s been the best scorer in college the last month. They are a really solid mature group.

They still won last night despite going 15/29 from the line. They must clean that up if they are going to upset UConn but they definitely have the personnel to do it.

I hope you guys are right, and I'm willing to acknowledge that I'm probably overcooking the Timmy Toughnutz flex a bit... but the possibility of those fuckers having more national championships than we do in less than 2 weeks is pretty damn annoying.

Or the real reason might be that I'm jealous that he's their coach. And I honestly despise having to say that, because I truly have great affinity for Jon, he's one of ours.

But fucking Hurley's the best coach in the country. And that gap seems to be widening exponentially by the day.

But fucking Hurley's the best coach in the country. And that gap seems to be widening exponentially by the day.

In its entirety too. He's crushing every part of the job. His fanbase adores him, he gets great soundbites for the media, he coaches toughness/team chemistry as well as he does Xs and Os. He recruits well and uses the portal wisely.

No stress the rest of this tournament. Thank you Alabama.
I don't get this at all. We're the 5th best team in the country by the metric we trust most, and depending on how you window it, we're top 3 in the last few weeks. We're coming in as a ONE possession dog tonight, with a straight shot to the final four if we pull it off. How big would a FF be in Scheyer's 2nd season with a win against a 1 seed under his belt? Enormous. This is hands down the most meaningful game we'll be playing in two years. This isn't Duke limping in to the tournament waiting to be sent home like the last time we were a 4 seed

The chances are so low for Duke to win the title still - 1.6% in Vegas. This surprised me, but it makes sense with the gap from the Big 3 to Duke being so large, and all of the Big 3 still being in this, with one of them playing Duke tonight.

It’s hard to care about the steps along the way when you’re basically dealing with terminal illness odds. Duke could get out of this one with some fluke shooting, but the end will still come unless Scheyer proves to be the best coach in the game - an epic combination of what Izzo used to be as a season-long builder, plus what K was as a recruiter, plus what Calhoun was as a clutch giant killer.

We know Scheyer doesn’t have all that in him, though, so a truly great result this season isn’t on the table. It’s nice to dream of Duke running through 3 giants in quick succession as 4-6 point underdogs each time, but the only team I’d count on to do that is one with Mahomes, Eli or Brady Manek.

Last edited:
I'm just glad uconn and illinois are on the other side of the bracket. None of the teams on our side are as scary as those two right now imo.

I think there's a somewhat decent chance we could make the Final 4, and to me that would be a fantastic season (zero chance we win it all, so I've made peace with that). Losing tonight though kind of just wants to me to forget about college basketball for a while, so I'd rather we win.

I agree that Illinois is one of the teams best suited to knock off UCONN. Not that I think they are going to do it, but I think they’ve got the personnel and coaching that it’ll take to do it. Brad Underwood’s a psycho like Hurley and will take this matchup personally IMO.

I think Purdue is another that could pull it off. If UCONN runs either or both of those off the court then they’re just a juggernaut that has figured something out that no other program has.

@rome hinted at this but that game played out in the dialectical inverse of the 2022 final four.

refs swallowing their whistle on a rj davis insurance fraud shot attempt and then a colossal brick on a YOLO three point attempt with a 1 point lead and 20 seconds on the shot clock.

No stress the rest of this tournament. Thank you Alabama.
I don't get this at all. We're the 5th best team in the country by the metric we trust most, and depending on how you window it, we're top 3 in the last few weeks. We're coming in as a ONE possession dog tonight, with a straight shot to the final four if we pull it off. How big would a FF be in Scheyer's 2nd season with a win against a 1 seed under his belt? Enormous. This is hands down the most meaningful game we'll be playing in two years. This isn't Duke limping in to the tournament waiting to be sent home like the last time we were a 4 seed

Yeah tonight is now more meaningful for sure. It would be awesome to get to a FF - huge for Scheyer. I think the strength of the opponents the rest of the way, including tonight and likely UConn in the final, is just making people feel that we have essentially no chance, and people had accepted that as of last week while assuming UNC would at worst make the FF. It's a combo of our seeding and the strength of this year's top teams that have made it really hard, versus our own profile.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom