Battle 4 Atlantis - November 22-24, Bahamas

I think we're playing the best team in the country tonight in Louisville.

Keys for tonights game:

Keep Russ Smith from his average of 20 ppg
Limit Chane Behanan's rebounds- He has as many offensive rebounds as Kelly has rebounds (Not a knock on Kelly)
Keep Peyton Siva out of the lane- He's averaging almost 7 assists per game
They seem to have a descent bench- Our bench needs to be active and play great D tonight
Stay out of foul trouble
Take care of the ball- Russ Smith has 17 Steals so far and Siva has 11, If they're are getting those out of the press. those are very easy and very quick baskets that allow Louisville to go on 6-0 and 8-0 type runs frequently.

This is what Pitino could do:

PG 6-0 185 Peyton Siva, 6-0 165 Russ Smith
SG 6-0 165 Russ Smith, 6-5 230 Wayne Blackshear, 6-2 175 Kevin Ware
SF 6-6 200 Luke Hancock, 6-5 230 Wayne Blackshear
PF 6-6 250 Chane Behanan, 6-9 245 Stephen Van Treese
C 6-8 235 Montrezl Harrell, 6-10 250 Zach Price

Height wise, this is a less dangerous matchup than, say, 2011-12 Georgia Tech

I just see a lot of dunking and rebounding for Harrell, who will have the same chip on his shoulder that Poythress had.

VCU beating Missouri would help my confidence, and it would also mean Duke opponents went undefeated aside from losing to Duke, and Louisville opponents lost as many games as they possibly could have in this tournament.

Box score is pretty nice - basically 15 points from all the starters. Most balanced team we've had in forever.

DurhamSon said:
Box score is pretty nice - basically 15 points from all the starters. Most balanced team we've had in forever.

The nice thing is we've started other seasons with balance, but it was easy to see that by the end of the year we'd be running isos for one player over and over. Who would we do that for this year?

Shane Ryan fighting the good fight against all the yes-men

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil