Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bracketology

Does the committee care about Kenpom? I know that Ken Pomeroy and Sagarin will be helping them devise a new seeding system, but I think that's not until next year.

K has his RPI game so wired. I think he's waiting for the seeding committee to quit using RPI for seeding purposes as an excuse to retire.

Not sure I understand the growing consensus that Kentucky should be a 2 seed, but I'm just one man.

So that Lunardi bracket has Duke in Greenville with UNC AND Maryland? Also, I don't know anything about Winthrop except they like to play fast and shoot a lot of 3s. Oh and their campus is like 90 minutes from Greenville. That would be a hilariously hostile environment for a 3 seed.

I like that they are perfectly mediocre on both offense and defense according to Kenpom.

Yeah, to hell with Greenville. A silver lining to the suckiness of this season was what once appeared to be a growing likelihood that we wouldn't be stuck with UNC at a first-weekend site, yet here we are.

Fuck Indianapolis, too. Playing that first weekend in Milwaukee or Orlando would be perfect, IMO.

Winthrop seems to have overtaken UNC-Asheville as the favorite in the Big South. #112 Kenpom, beat Illinois, lost by 14 to FSU and 16 to Dayton. Has a tiny point guard who does everything. Duke would basically lose that game, especially since it is essentially a home game for Winthrop.

DrKlahn said:
Winthrop seems to have overtaken UNC-Asheville as the favorite in the Big South. #112 Kenpom, beat Illinois, lost by 14 to FSU and 16 to Dayton. Has a tiny point guard who does everything. Duke would basically lose that game, especially since it is essentially a home game for Winthrop.

Well, haven't terrible guards also had career nights against us this year? It seems like there's a new one in every other game. Our back court uses Okafor methods on defense. (Except for legendary lockdown defender, Matt Jones, of course)

Can we just get a couple of rounds against some plodding, jump shooting teams with no depth? Because you just know that K is only going to go, at most, 7 deep. I'd like for them to not be dead on their feet if we get through the first two rounds.

I would also wish for a first round blowout, but we all know that's completely beyond this team's abilities, regardless of opponent.

TS9 said:
Not in buildings full of uncaged UK fans.

Fair- although in 2015, given that UK played their semifinal game right after Duke, there were probably more UK fans in attendance for our semifinal game as compared to MSU or Duke fans. Cannot confirm whether they were uncaged though.

That's true, although the fact that we whipped ass for most of that game probably muted their enthusiasm.

I was in Rupp for the Duke-Indiana game in 2002. Saw UK people in the food court pulling on IU sweatshirts over their UK shirts. It was gross.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
TS9 said:
Not in buildings full of uncaged UK fans.

Fair- although in 2015, given that UK played their semifinal game right after Duke, there were probably more UK fans in attendance for our semifinal game as compared to MSU or Duke fans. Cannot confirm whether they were uncaged though.

I was at the 2014-2015 game vs MSU in the Champions Classic where UK played Kansas right after us. The crowd was decidedly pro-UK.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom