Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Caleb Foster

I really like that we seem to have a couple OAD commits in him and Whitehead that seem to be without any discernable flaws, other than merely very-good-but-not-freakish athleticism. Seems like those are the guys who tend to outperform their expected value while in college.

I did have some criticism of his defense in that clip. While he has quick hands and has his head on a swivel, it seemed like he was a bit slow-footed laterally and got hung up too easily on screens.

I would definitely say Whitehead is a notch above him athletically. But I'm not particularly worried about his athleticism due to his craftiness and pace.

Foster doesn’t lack for confidence but admitted hearing Duke associate head coach Jon Scheyer tell him that he’d have a chance to step right in and “be his guy” at the point elevated his confidence.
Scheyer will take over the reins at Duke next season when Mike Krzyzewski retires after this season.
“That was big to hear,” Foster said of Scheyer’s message. “It made me just want to work as hard as possible to be ready when that time comes. I want to be as ready as I possibly can be.”
As it stands, Foster’s time won’t come for another two years, but he left the door open to potentially moving up his arrival in Durham.
“The reclass is possible, but as of right now I’m sticking with my class,” Foster said. “I’m just focused on my season and winning GEICO Nationals. That’s the best thing that I can do to be ready when I get to Duke. I want to win a national championship here at Oak Hill and I want to win a national championship as soon as I get to Duke. That’s gonna take hard work, and I’m all in for that.”

Last edited:
Much as I'd like to spread out the talent, Foster at point next year would make us absolutely filthy.

Foster, Moore, Whitehead, Filipowski, Lively.

Bench of Mitchell, Schutt, Blakes.

Maybe Moore is gone and Roach stays? I kind of figure Roach would be the more likely departure though. Moore isn't going to transfer, and he'd really have to blow up to go pro.

Foster, Moore, Whitehead, Filipowski, Lively.

Bench of Mitchell, Schutt, Blakes.

Maybe Moore is gone and Roach stays? I kind of figure Roach would be the more likely departure though. Moore isn't going to transfer, and he'd really have to blow up to go pro.

The Duke Basketball Twitter account said that he’s really going to blow up though.

In his three EYBL games in the last 24 hours, he's apparently scored 21, 26, and 38 points on good efficiency.

It's almost hard for me to imagine him dominating given how benign he looked in the couple games I saw, but maybe he's figured things out?

What if Mgbako turns out to be the bust and Foster is the elite prospect?

I was in love with both Foster and Mgbako as prospects when I first started reading about them and watching footage. I fell out of love after seeing full games. It would be nice if I'm at least partially redeemed by Foster turning out to be good.

I watched some recent film on Foster and he looked much better than when I saw him with Oak Hill during his HS season. He was also noticeably stronger looking (much more so).

He’s transferring to a school in California for his senior year (maybe So Cal Academy?), so maybe getting away from Oak Hill has been, and will be, a benefit?

I watched some recent film on Foster and he looked much better than when I saw him with Oak Hill during his HS season. He was also noticeably stronger looking (much more so).

He’s transferring to a school in California for his senior year (maybe So Cal Academy?), so maybe getting away from Oak Hill has been, and will be, a benefit?

I'm assuming he's transferring from Oak Hill because their coach retired.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom