Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Caleb Foster

Btw, his mom is very active on Twitter. I don't understand how to share anything from Twitter here on my phone, otherwise I'd share her profile. She seems very into Duke, but she's also tweeting her son's stat lines. So I'm sure that won't be a problem or anything.

“I feel like I’m the best point guard in the country,” Foster says. “I feel like people sleep on that, and I take that very personal. I feel like I’ve shown that I am for a while, but I definitely proved it toward the end of the summer.”

“In the fourth and final EYBL session in Kansas City, Foster turned in arguably the most impressive performance of the summer, averaging 28.3 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists a game. The following week, Foster dominated the Nike Peach Jam, pumping in 25.2 points while shooting 44.4% from the three-point line with 4.7 assists a game.”

“I guess people just aren’t seeing what I’m doing,” Foster says. “Or they’re not really paying attention. When I see the top guard, I’m gonna go at him and prove all the reporters and rankings people wrong for sure.”

“I’ve just been studying and working more,” Foster says. “Sometimes, guys can get content when they commit, especially if they’re going to their dream school like I am. Not me; I want to be at a whole other level by the time I get to Duke, so much that it’s really noticeable.”

“When all the attention dropped off, me and Coach [Jon] Scheyer got even closer,” Foster says. “That was big for me because he stuck with me when I was up and down. That was motivating for me. I’ve gotta be ready.”

Last edited:
I hope Roach's decision does not impact Caleb's decision to stay at Duke. They are not mutually exclusive players, though obviously JR will play 30+ min next year. Why not use 3 guards?

Duke hyping up his eventual transfer. They usually put out a video about his dorm life or "staying the course" right before a player transfers. I guess they decided Foster wasn't worth a full video.

This is different from their usual hype tweets for bad players, which say random nonsense they can’t be held accountable for. This is clearly setting expectations, so hopefully Duke social media isn’t stupid.

The question will be why one of the two best freshmen guards in the entire sport is sitting on the bench behind a Young/Filipowski/Mitchell lineup. I guess the answer would be that all three of those bigs are among the best players in the country at those positions.

Brendan Marks of The Atlantic, in a podcast recently was asked what he’s heard about early unorganized pickup runs with the team/If anything has stood out with the freshmen.

His response: he got a text that just said “Caleb Foster is a bucket”. And that he received that same message in some form from another 5-6 people. Marks then went on to detail Fosters change from more of a natural PG as a Jr to a really good scoring guard as a Sr. after changing schools to ND. That play has carried into summer as he’s really impressed early on with teammates and coaches.

This season Duke should have 4 really good guards. And 2 solid ones as well. Really solid depth. BMarks also noted that all the freshmen were solidly built already and mature physically.

Brendan Marks of The Atlantic, in a podcast recently was asked what he’s heard about early unorganized pickup runs with the team/If anything has stood out with the freshmen.

His response: he got a text that just said “Caleb Foster is a bucket”. And that he received that same message in some form from another 5-6 people. Marks then went on to detail Fosters change from more of a natural PG as a Jr to a really good scoring guard as a Sr. after changing schools to ND. That play has carried into summer as he’s really impressed early on with teammates and coaches.

This season Duke should have 4 really good guards. And 2 solid ones as well. Really solid depth. BMarks also noted that all the freshmen were solidly built already and mature physically.
As someone too lazy to listen to entire podcasts on the subject, I appreciate this summary. Good stuff.

Also interesting in that the TDD narrative being more about McCain impressing. I tend to put more weight in Marks's report, given that he heard the same thing from so many people and that TDD has a reputation for generally being wrong about offseason hype. I'd still probably put my money on Foster starting, given how much more logical the rotation fit is.

Cue the "Foster is actually 6'3" or McCain is 6'5" " speculation. He must have terrible posture or something. The shoulders do back up what I'm saying though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom