Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Caleb Foster

Gone. Maybe we get McCain back. Never made sense to me that a 6'3" combo guard was somehow the lottery pick.

Keels did it on nothing but drives to the rim. This seems a bit more sustainable if there's a foundation of outside shooting.

With the way Foster played last night how does Scheyer leave him on the bench? I believe Caleb Foster has earned what minutes he gets.

I mean, he played almost 30 minutes. Does it matter if he comes off the bench or not?

Assuming we are done with the Mitchell at the 3 nonsense for good, we actually have a need for 4 main rotation players to man the 1-3 spots and get big minutes.

It’s the backup roles at the 4-5 that seem a bit more unsettled.

Assuming we are done with the Mitchell at the 3 nonsense for good, we actually have a need for 4 main rotation players to man the 1-3 spots and get big minutes.

It’s the backup roles at the 4-5 that seem a bit more unsettled
Weirdly, Mitchell at the 4 doesn't seem to have unlocked him at all. It may just be injury-related, or maybe he's pressing because he wants to prove he's an NBA player, but he actually looked better at the 3.

I guess it took him a while to look good last year too. But I kind of expected instant improvement when he moved to the 4. We saw that with Justise, Ingram, Tatum, etc.

Mitchell just doesn't have the athleticism or the handles of those guys. Those guys do not lose the ball on a breakaway like he did.

Mitchell just doesn't have the athleticism or the handles of those guys. Those guys do not lose the ball on a breakaway like he did.
What does any of this have to do with what I'm saying?

This is about halfcourt offensive spacing and what that does for a player whose game is built off of driving and cutting. Moving a player down a position almost always improves their offense. They're now guarded by bigger slower players and have more open driving lanes.

The quality of the player is irrelevant to this discussion. Your second sentence is especially irrelevant since it deals with transition, where the positional stuff doesn't matter much.

I mean, he played almost 30 minutes. Does it matter if he comes off the bench or not?

I said this because after the game Holly Rowe asked him a question to which Caleb answered, "I'm not used to coming off the bench". He came off the bench against Dartmouth and played over 28 minutes which resulted in scoring 15 points. Against Arizona he played almost 13 minutes and didn't take a shot. But against Michigan State he once again came off the bench to play 28 minutes and go 7 of 8 from the field. I can't wait to see him get comfortable playing even more minutes.

Big fan. Not a spectacular stat line, but he can do a lot of good stuff. I really hope we get a second of year of him.
I'm wondering if when Proctor returns, we can get him working more off ball so Foster can keep his on-ball usage. Proctor moves well without the ball and seems to shoot better off the catch than the dribble anyway, so it could be beneficial to both guys.

Good podcast from TDD crew - some positive commentary on Foster's floor game lastnight, which I am 100% in agreement with.

General take from me - he's learning how to use his strength. Guy is built like a truck.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom