Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jones

Official 40 times for QBs at NFL Combine:

1. McSorely, Penn St., 4.57
2. T. Jackson, Buffalo, 4.59
3. Fitzgerald, Miss. St., 4.64
4. Lock, Missouri, 4.69
5. Finley, NC St., 4.73
6. Browning, Washington, 4.74
7. D. Jones, Duke, 4.81
8. Grier, WVU, 4.84
9. Haskins, Ohio St., 5.04

I guess I was expecting a faster time for DJ because it seemed he was running faster to escape the opposing DL most of his time at Duke

That is odd. I would have guessed him to be in the 4.6-4.7 range from watching his game speed.

I love that they give 40 times in the 100ths of a second. At that pace, the difference between a 4.67 and a 4.7 is probably not detectable by the human eye.

Who were all of those people actually catching the passes? Do they fly in real receivers for something like this?

Reactions: TBC
I hate that he's somehow going to go to the Patriots and have to follow Brady and without the benefit of Belichick.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/...s-college-fan-guide-kyler-murray-daniel-jones

"I understand where the Manning comparisons come from. Manning was 6-foot-5; Jones is 6-foot-5. Manning’s quarterbacks coach in college was David Cutcliffe; Cutcliffe has been Duke’s head coach since 2008."

I don't blame DJ at all, but someone in a front office will be looking for employment in 18 months, and probably not in the sport of football, especially if he goes top 5-10.

It’s like Vertigo. They blew the second half of Eli’s career and they want to reconstruct him.

Daniel Jones going #6 in the NFL Draft is surreal. My phone lit up as soon as he was announced.

This speaks volumes about Coach Cut and where he's taken this program as much as anything. I know what all the talking heads are saying though as to why the Giants took him #6 and didn't wait, but Gettleman said he was their guy all along. DJ can sit behind Eli for at least a season or even two seasons while getting mentored as he learns the system. And all NFL teams go into a draft with immediate needs. The Giants are no different, but many of these prospects are drafted on potential. Daniel has tons of that going for him too.

DJ is going to get better if he can stay healthy. I've said he's the real deal all along and if the Giants give him time he can prove them right. His confidence is sky high right now. And so is Cut's as this should help in recruiting no matter what Jones' success is at that level.

Reactions: TBC

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom