Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2016-2017

We need Bolden for two reasons.

A.) It makes our interior the nation's best

and

B.) It will separate us and UK. If we sign Bolden, our interior is the best, and I think our team is the best. If UK signs Bolden, they're going to have another ridiculous front line like they did in 2015.

Duke is traveling to Las Vegas in December for a TRUE ROAD GAME. They play UNLV to open UNLV's new arena. UNLV was #134 Kenpom last season, and has former Duke recruit Stephen Zimmerman. They will have a new coach, former Arkansas Little-Rock HC Chris Beard.

It will be a homecoming game for Chase Jeter, who is from Las Vegas. It could have been a homecoming of sorts for Derryck Thornton, who went to HS in nearby Henderson, NV.

Zimmerman declared and hired an agent.

That seems like a real departure from K's scheduling philosophies there....although perhaps it just reflects how important Vegas is becoming as a recruiting stop.

Yeah I think it adds no value to our schedule. Seems like more of a Roy game. I think this would be the one year not to drop MSG, given that's it is the East regional site.

Champions Classic (Kansas) is at MSG this year.

Here's what we know, with dates.

11/10 @UNLV
11/15 Kansas @MSG
11/19-20 Mohegan Sun tournament (Cincy/Penn State/URI). Pretty underwhelming.
11/29 or 11/30 B1G Challenge (expect a high profile road game).

That doesn't leave a lot of room for home games. I assume there will be one on the weekend of 11/12-13 against one of the tagalong teams in the Mohegan Sun tournament. I also figure we will sneak in some home games during Thanksgiving week, which is completely open.

Thanks. Didn't realize that abt Champions Classic. I think the UNLV game is December 10 actually. It's fine if we don't play anyone in Mohegan Sun given expected road game in Challenge and neutral site against top 3 Kansas. I think scheduling UNLV still leaves room for one more relatively high profile game the week before Christmas ( which is usually in NY area).

I think the clear Big 10 top 3 is MSU, Purdue and Wisc (assuming Hayes is back). So it's one of those three teams.

We played at Wisconsin in 2015, so you'd think it would be one of the first two. When was the last time we played at MSU? We played at Purdue in Dec of 2008. We blew them out in one of our best performances of that season.

rome8180 said:
We played at Wisconsin in 2015, so you'd think it would be one of the first two. When was the last time we played at MSU? We played at Purdue in Dec of 2008. We blew them out in one of our best performances of that season.

The last time I can remember playing @MSU was when we beat them by 20 plus during the '04 season. We played them at home the following year and then the Kyrie year.

Just drove past Nards and Jeets wandering eastward on Parrish St. I feel like they don't know they're in danger.

rome8180 said:
Yeah, I remember that. Can't remember ever playing AT MSU though.
The '04 game at MSU was awesome. The ESPN peoples spent all week hyping the "Izzone" as every bit as good as Cameron. But that was back when Duke defense still worked, and Duke just smothered MSU. I need to rewatch that one.

Also, would like to have a tournament at MSG, not just the Kansas game, and if we can't do that, then hopefully we schedule some random game at MSG in December like we do every season. Utah this past season, UCLA with Jabari Parker's team, Gonzaga, Saint John's in 2015, etc.

Slap the Floor said:
Need Bolden for next season.
Why? I mean I'll take him, but Amile, Giles, and Jeter is our deepest frontline in years, assuming everyone is healthy and Jeter builds on his performance from the last few weeks of the season.

best4heisman said:
Why? I mean I'll take him, but Amile, Giles, and Jeter is our deepest frontline in years, assuming everyone is healthy and Jeter builds on his performance from the last few weeks of the season.

Agreed. Having guys like DeLaurier, White, Obi(?) and Vrank behind those three gives us a quality rotation with plenty of emergency depth.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom