Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

I saw a lot of people commenting "You need to watch Kevin Knox". He can't though, because they got bounced by a 9 seed.

This is exactly what we wanted.

I feel like our 4-1 zone is being overlooked on this board.

Maybe the single greatest defensive innovation of the K era. It is genius. Forces them to shoot the midrange. Carter is a stud at the rim and the 3s are heavily contested.

We are ready for Kansas and Villanova.

The answer to Mr. Herrington's question is an emphatic, "yes"

I like having things that are "wild"

The 4-1 zone will power us to number 6.

K, previously thought to be an ardent, old-school, m2m guy, may be the most adaptive coach in the history of sports. Speaks to his acuity, IMO.

Eh our 4-1 zone wasn’t that great vs Cuse. Maybe will be more effective vs Kansas personnel but I would rather a 3-2

Can Self make Carter guard three guys like Boeheim did? Or does personnel become an issue, given that Kansas is perimeter-oriented and Syracuse was big?

3-2 will be good as long as one of the three up top realizes he needs to drop down and block cutters when the ball goes into the corner. That’s been available in the few times Duke has run the 3-2.

c700x420.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom