Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

Ahhh, nice! Guess I'll roll the dice and see what some kids in China can throw together for me.

Still completely baffled that Duke/Nike isn't selling them. What could possibly be the reason?

I don't know - lots of $ to be made, strange that they'd pass on cashing in on alternate sweaters.

I settled for the Gothic hoodie from Duke U store

In those days I used to religiously VCR the games I couldn’t watch live. Came back to my apartment that night from wherever I had been and saw the light blinking on my answering machine. The message was about 30 seconds of my dad and younger brother hooting and hollering, obviously overjoyed about the game but they were too incoherent for me to understand why.

Started watching the game. Fast forwarded through commercials but otherwise watched it in real time. The entire time I was confused as hell, wondering what on earth they’d been so excited about, because we were getting our asses handed to us throughout. But then it suddenly made sense.

For the most part I hate epic Duke comebacks. Generally, they involve Duke playing like total dogshit and then pulling something out of its ass. But they were more enjoyable when I had reason to believe the team was good and that the dogshit performance was an aberration.

Ahhh, nice! Guess I'll roll the dice and see what some kids in China can throw together for me.

Still completely baffled that Duke/Nike isn't selling them. What could possibly be the reason?

Found this (white brotherhood jersey) in my mailbox just now, after ordering it several months ago. It has to be cursed. Can't wait to burn it in approximately 130 minutes.

Duke has made it far enough into the tournament to see the anti-Duke backlash be drowned out by the backlash to the backlash.

Now the question is: can they survive long enough to see the backlash to the backlash to the backlash?

The public hate has obviously waned greatly since the JJ days, but it's interesting how prevalent and stupid it still is. From what I can glean from reddit comments, it seems like most other highly hated teams (Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers types) are more memed about rather than outwardly hated. Even Brady has gone from a hated, cheating Bostonian to a beloved GOAT, yet most are desperate for K's final run to end in humiliating defeat.

Not sure I understand why. But it does probably help Duke stay as a leading program. Kind of like all the free media coverage Trump got may have helped his initial popularity. The team is a lightning rod for hate, gets tons of attention because of it, but the players themselves typically emerge unscathed. Unless they're the type to get ejected from a summer league game for two flagrant fouls. I guess it's mostly just that piece of shit K that everyone hates.

Will be interesting to see if Scheyer is as hated. If he wins a lot, I imagine he will be.

It definitely helps us stay relevant. Duke routinely wins polls as the "most liked CBB team in America." They're just also the most hated. Almost no one who cares about CBB is neutral on Duke. We routinely set viewership records because people tune in hoping to see us win or lose. And there's even a small contingent of people who don't care about CBB but will watch Duke just to see our NBA prospects.

The caption is what really makes it laugh out loud hilarious. A single typo I could possibly fathom, but the fact that they realized that it equated to 78 THOUSAND YEARS and that their reaction was not, "oops, well that's obviously wrong," but "wow, that's even more impressive!!!" is just amazing.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom