Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

I thought he was just not appearing on The Ringer University podcast because he was flaky. He's always had podcasts he rarely appeared on. I see this time he actually has a good excuse.

He's one of my three favorites on The Ringer. I wish this had happened to Russillo or Simmons instead. Or maybe just a former Ringer employee like Mark Titus or I-Don't-Even-Know-His-First-Name Tate.

Feeling extremely sad for Tjarks due to the wife and infant but not so sad for the Kentucky player is basically the whole story of a recent movie on Netflix.

I don't subscribe and assume Adidas money doesn't really matter, but I suppose relevant.

Lot's of Zion in the article, too. It would be amazing if it was Frank Jackson that brought Duke down.

I don't subscribe and assume Adidas money doesn't really matter, but I suppose relevant.

I also don't subscribe, but can read it somehow.
Cutler testified in the deposition that he purchased flights for Jackson and his girlfriend during the 2016-17 season when Jackson played for the Blue Devils.

In a Sept. 23, 2016 text exchange with Cutler, Jackson asks “Can Adidas pay for my flight… to Utah for fall break?”

Cutler responded, “We can’t but it can magically appear” to which Jackson answered, “I would love that if it did. LOL”

Cutler later said that, while he wasn’t authorized to have Adidas pay for Jackson’s flight, he could pay for it as an “individual person.” That’s what he meant by it “magically” appearing, according to the court documents.

In a Nov. 28, 2016 text exchange, Jackson asked Cutler, “You think you can fly someone out to Duke? Ha ha. If not, no worries at all.”

Jackson went on to ask if Cutler could buy a ticket for his girlfriend to fly to visit him. They agreed on a $600 flight.

“I considered Frank a good friend,” Cutler said in the deposition, “and once he checked with his parents to make sure it was okay, as a friend I decided to purchase the flight.”

Cutler said in the deposition Adidas would not pay for these flights.

Still, paying for the flights could have rendered Jackson ineligible under NCAA rules. However, Duke may not feel repercussions because the NCAA’s statute of limitations in processing cases is four years from the time of the possible violation.

I guess Frank can't fuck us.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom