Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

DurhamSon said:
He's going off of what sundrop said on premo, not unfounded.

If we let Bamba end up at UK or UNC the staff deserves to watch them win a title.

Let's see what Slater has to say about it. But if so, it's definitely a dumb move.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
No one has mentioned that Deng Gak goes to the same HS as Luol Deng did?

Is he the one who Luol Deng basically brought over to the US? If so, I'd imagine we have a good shot.

Nice. I don't love his shooting form, but he's a nice passer and attacker. I'd like to see him in a game. It's tough to tell anything from a highlight video.

rome8180 said:
Nice. I don't love his shooting form, but he's a nice passer and attacker. I'd like to see him in a game. It's tough to tell anything from a highlight video.

His game just ended on ESPN2. He's on the same team as Bamba and Deng Gak.

A search for Bamba large sample size stats in HS was fruitless. However, this article from a few months ago had a lot of helpful tidbits:
http://www.masslive.com/hoophallclassic ... ky_re.html

Bamba's opposition — Udoka Azubuike, Potters House's 270-pound center and the No. 22 prospect in the senior class — outweighed the Westtown star by at least 50 pounds, and he put that weight to use in the first half with a pair of thunderous dunks. Azubuike finished with just six points and nine rebounds, however, and as Bamba grew more and more comfortable, Westtown pulled further and further away, putting away Potters House with a 35-7 second half in a 53-35 win.

Bamba finished with an impressive triple-double: 13 points, 16 rebounds and 10 blocks.

"He's tall, long, he can jump, he's incredibly coordinated, and he's a super smart kid. A great kid. He's smart enough to go to Harvard."

7-foot-8 wingspan.

"I'm going to be a stretch-four in college," he said. "It's something I want to develop now."

Does he have thoughts on Duke? "They came to a few games." Was his Duke offer particularly meaningful? "Every single offer means a lot to me. It's something I work hard for."

So in a head to head matchup with the 2nd best center in the class above him, Bamba put up 13/16/10 in what I assume was a very low possession game (53-35 final score). He is also working hard to develop the range to play stretch 4.

I project Bamba to average about 10 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks in about 26 minutes per game as a freshman. Anthony Davis averaged 14/10/5 in 32 minutes as a freshman. Bamba should be in the 12-16 BPM range, which would put him around Kyrie Irving in terms of rate value to Duke. Unfortunately, it sounds like the Duke coaching staff is not interested in having this type of player anymore.

deepdarkblue said:
rome8180 said:

His game just ended on ESPN2. He's on the same team as Bamba and Deng Gak.

I watched that game for about 5 minutes. The fucking size and length that NY team had with Bamba and Gak was UNREAL

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
A search for Bamba large sample size stats in HS was fruitless. However, this article from a few months ago had a lot of helpful tidbits:
http://www.masslive.com/hoophallclassic ... ky_re.html

Bamba's opposition — Udoka Azubuike, Potters House's 270-pound center and the No. 22 prospect in the senior class — outweighed the Westtown star by at least 50 pounds, and he put that weight to use in the first half with a pair of thunderous dunks. Azubuike finished with just six points and nine rebounds, however, and as Bamba grew more and more comfortable, Westtown pulled further and further away, putting away Potters House with a 35-7 second half in a 53-35 win.

Bamba finished with an impressive triple-double: 13 points, 16 rebounds and 10 blocks.

"He's tall, long, he can jump, he's incredibly coordinated, and he's a super smart kid. A great kid. He's smart enough to go to Harvard."

7-foot-8 wingspan.

"I'm going to be a stretch-four in college," he said. "It's something I want to develop now."

Does he have thoughts on Duke? "They came to a few games." Was his Duke offer particularly meaningful? "Every single offer means a lot to me. It's something I work hard for."

So in a head to head matchup with the 2nd best center in the class above him, Bamba put up 13/16/10 in what I assume was a very low possession game (53-35 final score). He is also working hard to develop the range to play stretch 4.

I project Bamba to average about 10 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks in about 26 minutes per game as a freshman. Anthony Davis averaged 14/10/5 in 32 minutes as a freshman. Bamba should be in the 12-16 BPM range, which would put him around Kyrie Irving in terms of rate value to Duke. Unfortunately, it sounds like the Duke coaching staff is not interested in having this type of player anymore.

Coach K wants to see if he can win a title with sub-100 defense. The only thing he has yet to accomplish.

Good thing Nate James is recruiting Meekshead so hard!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom