Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

aiw said:
Trinity10 said:
The more bolden interviews ive been reading these last few days, the less likely I think he's going to commit to duke. The last two interviews I've read, one after Jordan classic and one espnu signing day special, he sounds enameled by Kentucky. Practically gushing about how they develop talent and get kids to the NBA. His comments about duke are just ho-hum, "good", "great", and "solid". Makes me believe the reports that he's a UK lean and his parents are encouraging him to sign at duke.

You may be right. I'm going to trust the wisdom of Slater, though. He is incisive and sniffs things out like a canine. Molar than not, he's right. Bicuspid.

I think we should back off from this and wait for shog's diagnosis. He's the only one here qualified to make an informed statement on this issue.

Yeah, I hope shog can work this into his schedule. You know him, once he gets his teeth into something, he won't let go until he gets to the root of it.

#6 overall composite in the Ayton/Bamba/Carter class. Not sure why Scout is using a photo of Meeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will be a freshman at Duke in 2017.

Will transfer out in 2018.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

#6 overall composite in the Ayton/Bamba/Carter class. Not sure why Scout is using a photo of Meeks.

This kid is gonna ruin the bamba/carter dream team :cry:

Duke leans in the next class on 247sports.com crystal ball:

#2 Mohamed Bamba (100% Duke)
#4 Wendell Carter (100% Duke)
#6 Kevin Knox (62% Duke)
#12 Gary Trent (92% Duke)

Projected roster (ideal positional classifications):

PG none
SG Luke Kennard (JR), Frank Jackson (SO), Gary Trent (FR)
SF Jack White (SO)
PF Kevin Knox (FR), Javin Montgomery-DeLaurier (SO)
C Mohamed Bamba (FR), Wendell Carter (FR), Chase Jeter (JR), Sean Obi (RS SR), Antonio Vrankovic (JR), Justin Robinson (RS SO)

Seems imbalanced.

Carter wouldn't play center if Bamba came, he would play power forward.

In regards to the absolute best offense/defensive class I think our best possible roster would be (assuming Grayson and Frank leave)

PG- Don't know, probably a transfer or freshman
SG- Luke Kennard(JR),
SF- DJ Harvey (FR)
PF- Wendell Carter Jr (FR)
C- Mohamed Bamba (FR)

Bench:
Chase Jeter (JR)
Gary Trent Jr (FR)
Javin DeLaurier (So)

IMO we need a 6 man class in 2017. We need to add a wing (Harvey/Knox), two big men (Bamba, Carter) and 2-3 guards.

Trent is better than Harvey and would start over him, imo.

And what makes you say the staff is prioritizing Knox over Bamba? As far as I know they are prioritizing both.

“@AdamZagoria: Duke has been in twice to see 2017 @DengGak7 of Blair and will watch him today at Nike.”

Rome, the staff went to see Knox play this morning first even though Bamba didn't play until the afternoon. Based on the timing of the games and the order in which the staff watched the players, I think it's pretty clear the Knox is absolutely the priority here.

He's going off of what sundrop said on premo, not unfounded.

If we let Bamba end up at UK or UNC the staff deserves to watch them win a title.

I think pursuing Gak makes a lot of sense given that 2018 looks to be much weaker than 2016 or 2017. I'm not sure how they're going to get him to buy into basically not playing his first year though.

skins said:
I think pursuing Gak makes a lot of sense given that 2018 looks to be much weaker than 2016 or 2017. I'm not sure how they're going to get him to buy into basically not playing his first year though.

I think he might play a lot his first year, especially now that we are putting Knox ahead of Bamba. I still think it's possible Jeter might transfer. If Jeter stays, then Gak won't get a lot of PT his freshman season, if Jeter leaves, there will be a lot of PT off of the bench for a big man. He is 6'11 with a 7'5 wing span, I hope we grab him since we probably won't sign Bamba now.

Projected roster (ideal positional classifications):

PG none
SG Luke Kennard (JR), Frank Jackson (SO), Gary Trent (FR)
SF Jack White (SO)
PF Kevin Knox (FR), Javin Montgomery-DeLaurier (SO)
C Mohamed Bamba (FR), Wendell Carter (FR), Chase Jeter (JR), Deng Gak (FR), Sean Obi (RS SR), Antonio Vrankovic (JR), Justin Robinson (RS SO)

Still seems a little bit imbalanced.

That's all 13 available scholarships, so I assume Robinson will go another season without one. Obi probably dies of osteoporosis or something, so scratch him, too. Staff should probably start planting the seeds to get Jack White to transfer.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom