Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Durham, Fuck Yeah

M Kokko Ramen wasn't as good today. I hope that was a one-off. The broth tasted blander and less fatty than usual.

Also, did they always give only two pieces of pork belly? I felt like it was more, but maybe the overwhelming awesomeness of the dish made me not notice.

There were also lots of barns, but I suppose lots of horses were needed.

I was at Duke a couple of weeks ago and got to try The Original Q Shack which was just phenomenal. Then I walked across the street and had a couple of beers a brewery which was nice.

Beer Study seems like a cool place to hang out. I've only gone there for their bottle shop though. It's currently the best place near me to get interesting beer. Its selection pales in comparison to The Blue Light, though. And it's significantly farther from my house.

Blue Light was the best and while Sams Bottle Shop has a great selection, it’s not the same.
Plus, we're talking 30+ minute round trip for me to get out there. Blue Light was a 4-minute drive.

I am happy to say I own two Blue Light shirts, anyway. I can't believe that ugly fucking generic apartment building named themselves The Blue Light.

Reactions: aiw
Was in Durham for a few days for business; had not been back in about 20 years. It felt weird to feel totally safe walking around outside. Unfortunately, Parizade was chosen as one of the dinner locations - food and drink was fine but I think I was at this place 2-3 times as a student. Would've been nice to try something that has risen up during the revitalization. Every menu I saw here is filled with local brewery stuff - I don't remember that being the case before.

The downtown area must have been unrecognizable to you

I don't know how you guys do life without sports gambling. I can't even bear to look at promos or follow any games, knowing I'm missing out. Fuck, it's opening night NBA and two MLB playoff games.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom