Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Durham, Fuck Yeah

Suggestions for good, interesting food open on Sunday evening in Durham? Want it to be casual-ish. Not fine dining, but not fast food.

Suggestions for good, interesting food open on Sunday evening in Durham? Want it to be casual-ish. Not fine dining, but not fast food.
Our go to for casual lately has been Thai Cafe on University (I like their crispy catfish dish), though I prefer their lunch special pricing (but smaller portion).

And apparently the woman screaming in this video is Dedreanna Freeman, who is not the one accused:

Between this and her non-linear comments in the article, she almost comes out looking worse than the corrupt one. Seems like a mentally unstable idiot with no business being on city council.

Finally went to Namu. Got the Kimchi Fried Rice. Very tasty. The photo doesn't convey it but the portion is enormous. I was only able to eat half. To get two meals of this quality for $20 is a damn good deal.

iZ9af7v.jpg

They couldn't have waited one more day? My trash is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow. It would usually be today, but Labor Day pushed it back a day.

My trash can smells absolutely vile from having been baking in the 100-degree heat all week.

Would be nice if they’d come take my trash at some point. My next collection day is Tuesday.

Mine got picked up on Sunday, which I found very weird. Didn't know city services ever happened on Sunday.

Mine got picked up on Sunday, which I found very weird. Didn't know city services ever happened on Sunday.
I saw a notice that the people who were still working during the strike would continue through the weekend. Guess they’re not prioritizing by date collection was missed initially. Or they’re actively avoiding my area.

Didn't realize that Kokyu had moved to a new location with its original name over by Southpoint. It's expensive for a strip mall takeout place now - I got a Japanese fried chicken rice bowl with a fried egg added, and it was $20 + token tip - but holy shit was it good.

I'm no afficianafo and am generally pretty happy with any type of rice bowl/bulgogi-ish category of thing, but this did taste noticeably better than anything comparable I'd tried in Durham.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the Namu prices. Maybe it depends on what you get. But the kimchi fried rice is like $17 and I got two meals out of it. It was enormous.

When it costs like $12 to eat at McDonald's now that feels like a good deal to me, even if it'd only been one meal.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom