Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Durham, Fuck Yeah

dkst0426 said:
thewiseben said:
Thai Café - As good as Asian food gets in the Durham. If you want better Asian food, you pretty much have to go to Cary.

Hong Kong on Guess Road has the best non-Chinatown Dim Sum I've had in America. Gotta go early on the weekends if you want to get a table, but it is definitely worth the wait. Do not order their standard fare Chinese takeout menu items, though. No point in doing that. The fried noodle dishes are a good complement go with the dim sum.

Also, I'm partial to the brisket and sides from Backyard BBQ Pit. Actually prefer them to Q Shack.

I agree with this.

aiw said:
21c is the best place to stay. Great restaurant, The Counting House, on the first floor, cool/weird art museum stuff and right downtown so you can walk to a bunch of the places you mentioned.

Is that the place that used to be a bank?

We went through it, checked out the art, vault, etc last night. Pretty cool setup.

Yup. Old bank.

My night tonight: Mateo, alley 26, dpac for Alton Brown, bar virgile, uber

Nod, did you go through the hallway next to the vault where it looks like you are going in a straight line to the person watching, but MIRRORS?

Also, awesome bathrooms

Counting House may be the best meal I've had in Durham. Expensive and I've heard mixed reviews in general, but that pot roast was bangin.

It's a good time to go to Gocciolina too - delicious, but fucking miserable during the summer. Packed in like sardines and I'm pretty sure they don't have actual a/c.

Ben, when you get back, I will take you on a date.

Gocciolina is the best food for the price maybe ever.

Aiw please date me, I've been told a have a cute butt.

GFs parents are coming into town tomorrow. Never been but I think I'm going to pitch Burger Bach. The lamb burger with goat cheese sounds phenomenal.

skins said:

GFs parents are coming into town tomorrow. Never been but I think I'm going to pitch Burger Bach. The lamb burger with goat cheese sounds phenomenal.

30 beers on tap. Oysters. Great burgers. Love that place. I will take you on a date too.

We need to figure out if tdf date night is fancy or green room. Either would be fantastic.

Wait until I am back down there for a visit, since it's right around the corner from my mom's house.

aiw said:
Nod, did you go through the hallway next to the vault where it looks like you are going in a straight line to the person watching, but MIRRORS?

Also, awesome bathrooms

Lol yeah. It was just a cool place overall.

We also checked out the bar at the top of the Durham. Meh.

aiw said:
skins said:

30 beers on tap. Oysters. Great burgers. Love that place. I will take you on a date too.

We need to figure out if tdf date night is fancy or green room. Either would be fantastic.

Yeah really enjoyed Burger Bach. I decided to give up on my no-carbs thing for the day so that I could get all the sauces for fries.

Went to Picnic tonight after the reunion stuff. Fairly good BBQ and fried chicken

Just ended my night at Cosmic. Packed with reunion people.

NOD said:
aiw said:
skins said:

Yeah really enjoyed Burger Bach. I decided to give up on my no-carbs thing for the day so that I could get all the sauces for fries.

Went to Picnic tonight after the reunion stuff. Fairly good BBQ and fried chicken

Been looking forward to trying Picnic. The farm that the pigs come from is 2 minutes from my house.

rome8180 said:
Wait until I am back down there for a visit, since it's right around the corner from my mom's house.

When?

To continue the meal PBP:

Ate a late lunch w/ half a sandwich at Meats n Sweets, and then walked into a COMPLETELY empty (I mean no customers whatsoever) Pizzeria Toro and split a couple of pizzas. So yeah -- this stay has become carbs overload.

CC machine wasn't functioning right. They said they'd try again 10 minutes after we left, but that, if that failed, it was gonna be a free meal. :woohoo

Their daily pizza today was fucking awesome.

Now I just want a nap.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom