Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Durham, Fuck Yeah

First of all, fuck NOD for asking TDD this same question. Second, what the fuck?

bluedevilbeast
RS Freshman
Rating: 3.0/5 this site
754 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 7:53 AM
Re: Alright, Durham folks. Where should I eat?

Tobacco Road Sports Cafe at DBAP, Siki Sushi near South point. Zin Burger, Cheesecake Factory and Maggianos @ Southpoint

The reason you could eat at Tabernas instead of Mateo is because Mateo is that much better.

aiw said:
The reason you could eat at Tabernas instead of Mateo is because Mateo is that much better.

Blah blah blah. Plan for this evening was a pop-up, but it got cancelled.

So we were forced to go to Mateo.. :( . Had the:

Brandade -- best thing we ate
Artichoke w/ oyster mayo -- solid
Marrow (obvs) w/ oxtail -- I think we got the worst marrow bone in history. Prolly because they gave it to us after the kitchen was officially closed, but who sends out a marrow bone where literally half the length of the bone has no marrow at all???
Fried cheese w/ egg and asparagus -- awesome
Morcilla -- ok
Sweetbreads w/ veal bacon -- perfect. Sweetbreads were nice and soft.

They were out of the smoked oysters, chicharonnes, and crab claw special, all of which we had ordered (of course).

Went to Pizzeria Toro (again) afterwards and had some crispy pig ears and shared a pizza.

Plan for tomorrow pre-flight is Heavenly Buffaloes.

As for the Tank duplication -- come on. I need the input of the unwashed masses just like I need that of the Illuminati.

Otherwise, how would I ever discover hidden gems like Cheesecake Factory and Bullocks????

I like that Heavenly Buffaloes can sell you beer, but can't open it for you and, if you drink it there, it has to be in a brown bag. Wings are adequate.

I quite enjoyed Heavenly Buffaloes the one time I had their wings. I was also drunk and watching Duke win a national title.

Went to Burger Bach tonight and it was as good as advertised. Got the South Lamb burger which was fantastic and ended up splitting a side of fries with ketchup, buffalo ranch, and the garlic aioli. We'll definitely be back.

DukeNukem05 said:
I, too, ate at Burger Bach tonight. Had the West Coast. Delicious as hell.

Did you split some fries with ketchup, buffalo ranch and garlic aioli?

Haha. No but I wish I did. Went with my dad while he's in town. We just got a thing of chips and guacamole (per his request).

I am down, depending on when it happens. Over Christmas break I will definitely be there, but I could probably arrange something earlier.

Went to Zinburger near Southpoint the other week. I'd rate Burger Bach over it. The burger was good enough but I thought the truffle fries and zucchini fries were underwhelming. Given the prices are similar and Zinburger isn't that much closer to me than Burger Bach, I can't really justify picking Zinburger but it's worth a shot if you're in that area.

I like everything better at Burger Bach. Captain Cook Chick, which is no longer on the menu, but you can ask for, is the best restaurant chicken sandwich I've had. I also love the seafood options.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom