Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player E.J. Montgomery

I wonder if this is a reaction to inside into on immediate transfer eligibility rules taking effect this fall, and assuming 1-2 of Bold, DeL, and Vrankov will leave. Only way it makes sense.

Jones/Gold
Barrett/AOC
Cam/AOC
Zion/DeL
Bolden/EJ

That is a large team.

I would be almost positive AOC will. Not only will he be very good as a sophomore, but we will have no other SGs.

Not expecting it, but I would not be shocked if we landed a transfer shooter if that rule changes. I am pumped for AOC's sophomore year regardless and agree with you that he will be good. Would be nice to have two of him, though. :smilingimp:

Jones/Gold
Barrett/AOC
Cam/AOC
Zion/DeL
Bolden/EJ

That is a large team.

After yesterday's game, we can't be certain at all that Goldwire, AOC, or DeLaurier will see any minutes at all in any close games, let alone be substantial parts of any rotation that we may have.
In close games you're right, K won't play all of those guys big minutes in a game like yesterday. But I'd be pretty surprised if AOC and DeL didn't get decent minutes in the bigger games. Gold and EJ would probably be the odd men out.

But I bet K is expecting to lose someone if we're going after EJ. If he wasn't then I think he'd be going after a lower ranked player.

E.J. Montgomery - No. 6

Always considered a top prospect in the class, Montgomery seems to have taken his game to a new level. He had the physical tools to be a star, but now the focus is there and the production is matching the potential.

Montgomery is now the No. 6 player in the class, and as a potential stretch power forward who can also rebound and hold his own on the inside, he is loaded with talent and versatility.

With a motor that is running, defenders have struggled to find any way to defend Montgomery so far as a senior. He is putting up monster numbers for Wheeler High School so far this year, and has opened major eyes with his play.

A long-time Auburn commitment, Montgomery re-opened his recruitment in the wake of the FBI recruiting scandal, and now remains uncommitted. Montgomery is now one of the most heavily recruited players in the country, and is someone who should have his choice of schools this spring.

This is the 247 blurb about moving him up to number 6 in the rankings.

I guess ESPN's ranking is the main one pulling Montgomery down to #12 composite. Rivals #11, ESPN #16.

Scout/247 ranked Duval the lowest, but only slightly lower than the other services. Scout/247 ranked Derryck Thornton more significantly lower than the other services.

Scout/247 is probably right about Duke's class - 1, 2, 3, 6, 9 gives Duke 3 of the top 3, 5 of the top 9. Should be good enough for Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight.

I guess ESPN's ranking is the main one pulling Montgomery down to #12 composite. Rivals #11, ESPN #16.

Scout/247 ranked Duval the lowest, but only slightly lower than the other services. Scout/247 ranked Derryck Thornton more significantly lower than the other services.

Scout/247 is probably right about Duke's class - 1, 2, 3, 6, 9 gives Duke 3 of the top 3, 5 of the top 9. Should be good enough for Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight.

Duke won a national title with 1, 8, 13, 26, senior Quinn Cook, juniors Amile/Plumlee, and sophomore Matt Jones.

We have a shot this year with 1, 6, 7, 17, senior Grayson, and the shitheads.

It will certainly be interesting to see if we can win it again with 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, juniors Bolden/Javin, and sophomore AOC. We still have 1 more scholly, too.

We will be the favorites in Vegas.

BTW, I still maintain last year was a perfect storm of tragedies, and I refuse to count it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom