Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

Yes. 100%. Unless you think it's not totally connected to his injury, and the 22 ppg season on ridiculous efficiency was a fluke.

There's no reason to play him the rest of tournament, and even in the NCAAT unless there is foul trouble.

I'm not sure if he'll ever be healthy, honestly. Not with his playing style. It was the height of idiocy that we brought him back against Cuse.

rome8180 said:
Yes. 100%. Unless you think it's not totally connected to his injury, and the 22 ppg season on ridiculous efficiency was a fluke.

I would love him to come back, especially since Kennard will probably leave. I think that all of his recent struggles are injury related.

He said his rhythm and timing is off due to the injury and inconsistent play.

Grayson says he can't dunk at full strength uncontested, but that wouldn't stop him from trying even over an opponent.

Forde has a hardon for Grayson Allen stories. Borders on obsessive.

A healthy, senior Grayson would be fantastic. Not sure he'll ever match his sophomore numbers but there's no question we should want him back. He is really good.

I think people are really letting this year overshadow how amazing last year's performance truly was. Or maybe it just wasn't properly appreciated to begin with.

Arguably he had the best individual season for a Duke guard outside of JJ. Other contenders would be Kennard this year, senior Johnny Dawkins, and senior Scheyer. Kyrie doesn't count.

So of course we want a chance at that.

I hope he leaves. He has major anger issues. You could feel the energy leave his teammates when he bounced that ball today. Such a distraction.

So was he a distraction last year? Or could it be that he can't make a shot and can barely dunk and is frustrated about it? Seems to me like he won us five more games than we would have otherwise.

(For the record, I also don't get DSon's position that he'll never be healthy again. That seems absurd.)

Yea, I think his fucked up emotional state has more to do with circumstance than an innate personality issue. Sure, he's a bit of a nutcase by nature as evidenced by the way he plays, but this isn't the same Grayson we saw last year. He's dealt with debilitating injuries and constant, relentless vilification from the media (not to say that it was wholly undeserved). He didnt even make an All-ACC team after being named preseason NPOY. These things have clearly taken a toll.

People will still hate him next year, but he'll be healthy and the media loves comeback stories. There's also real incentive for him to come back and improve his stock due to the massive financial advantage of getting drafted 1st round. I think he will come back and be excellent.

Yea, that would be entirely understandable if he left for that reason. Should've said I think he'll be excellent IF he comes back.

Sorry, I was being facetious. There are people on old TDD that really think that way about Grayson.

I don't see how anyone can be confident about this staff properly managing a player with chronic ankle injuries. All they've proven in the last few years is they will run players into the ground and get them re-injured. I don't trust the medical staff one bit either.

If he comes back and plays at his sophomore level, I would expect him to be the 3rd best guard on the team and be treated as such in the offense. Frank initiating the offense and looking to score when he can, Kennard as the classic SG scoring machine, Allen as either a microwave off the bench (if Duke also has a real SF like Knox or if Duval is at Duke and actually great) or the 3rd option in the starting lineup. Frank and Kennard should both have historically great rate stats next season and be able to put up 1st team AA raw stats.

None of this happens. Frank will either go pro or regress and suffer nagging injuries. Kennard will either go pro or have a junior Allen-type season, filled with hatred and ridicule of his hair issues, along with nagging injuries and general ass. Knox goes to UNC for 3 years. Duval goes to Seton Hall to perform in obscurity like Fultz.

March 2018:
PG Alex O'Connell / Brennan Besser
SG Jack White / Brennan Besser
SF Gary Trent / Brennan Besser
PF Brennan Besser / Javin DeLaurier
C Wendell Carter / Antonio Vrankovic

physicsfactor said:
Sorry, I was being facetious. There are people on old TDD that really think that way about Grayson.

I thought that was clear lol.

aiw said:
Forde has a hardon for Grayson Allen stories. Borders on obsessive.

And, again:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back