Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

I don't think I agree with the assessment of Grayson's moving to PG hurting in that game. Duval was in foul trouble early in the first half. In that half, yes, Grayson was 2-9 FGs, but he did have 5 assists to 1 turnover. In the second half with Duval playing PG, he was 3-11 FGs with 1 assists and 1 turnover. If anything, Grayson was too much of a gunner SG at BC.

Grayson plays with reckless abandon when he's going all out. When he has to play PG he seems out of control. But I wasn't looking so much at his individual stat line. We've all seen what he's capable of doing when Duval is looking to get him the ball in a game like Michigan State. What it affects is everyone else. Grayson moves to point, Trent moves to SG, where he excelled and probably had his best scoring game so far. That's where Grayson's assists came from. But where's the other guys? MB3 disappeared and Carter was fighting down low with BC's big man the whole second half. I'm just saying it threw Grayson's game off just enough to throw a wrench in the flow of the team.

PG is a full time position and Duval can put any given pass on a dime when he needs to do it. He should be getting Carter and MB3 the ball every trip down the floor as quick as he is off the dribble. Then once the low post is established they can kick it out to Grayson and Trent. But Duval has to be the facilitator. Not Grayson.

Hey, it's just an opinion.

But the big guys disappeared in the 2nd half when Grayson was not playing point.

That's true. I'm not blaming Grayson for the team's poor playmaking. When Duval returned he was always in a hurry and playing catch up. His bone headed plays didn't help matters. My point is Duval can make this team so much better when he's playing at his best. He never needs to score a point. Hell, Duke has plenty of scorers. And Grayson is a scorer first and foremost. Not an assist leader for this team.

Duval and Grayson were both problems when it came to launching instead of getting the bigs involved. Grayson lost his damn mind that game. The 5 steals and diving all over the floor were awesome, but he needs to channel that on offense.

I thought he played a smart game. Extra pressure on him w/ Duval ' s foul trouble.

So much more effective off the ball.

He really struggles to finish against length though. Feels like he's becoming more and more of a one dimensional shooter.

He should have just hammered it a couple of times on his drives instead of trying to avoid getting blocked.

He really struggles to finish against length though. Feels like he's becoming more and more of a one dimensional shooter.
His shooting is his one great skill that will translate to the NBA. He needs to be more like JJ and less like all the "athletic", white 2 guards who've been so successful in the NBA.

He used to go into the contact and now he wildly contorts. This started last year, probably because of the injury. Not sure why it's continued into this season.

I think this version of Grayson is pretty perfect for this team, honestly. Definitely making a conscious effort to avoid contact which has resulted in a career-low free throw rate, but aside from the BC game he hasn't really struggled finishing.

Even though he is a tough guy, I have to believe he is avoiding the contact more often to stay healthy.

Not sure if it his own means or if he has been instructed to stay away from contact by the staff (?). Devils need an injury - free year for Grayson.

In return for him saving us in the National Championship game, Grayson Allen was then cursed and his curse has struck the Duke program by association. Much like JJ and Greg Paulus, the program will never appropriately recover until Grayson graduates.

The basketball gods will only allow for so much team success being led by obnoxious star white players. This is why Aaron Craft never won anything. 2010 did not have obnoxious star white players and thus was spared by this curse. When UNC had Brice Johnson, they won nothing. The year after he left, they won it all.

This curse is real.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom