Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jack White

He was like a CBB Draymond Green tonight. What a weirdly genius move by K to steal him from Boise State.

I feel like he has abnormally strong/good hands, in that he seems to come up with possession of anything he gets a hand on in the same way Amile used to.

Led the team in rebounding against Kentucky, which was really difficult since Kentucky missed so many shots

Finished watching the Kentucky game. I remember White coming in as a freshman in one of those typical Duke losses to Miami where no one is playing defense, and he immediately was targeted and gave up two layups back to back. He had no chance. Wasn’t within 10 feet of his man after getting blown by and when his man got to the basket. Couldn’t physically defend, and didn’t know how to. Couldn’t do anything.

Now the captain, setting the example with how hard he works, how selfless he is, solid defense and solid everything else. A monster on the boards somehow (21% oreb 19% dreb vs. Kentucky). 10-12 for his career at the line, and allowed to take 5 3s against Kentucky, so probably going to end up a good 3pt shooter this season. Rebounding, rim protection via smart positioning, FT shooting and 3pt shooting - perfect to go with the 4 freshmen.

He’ll be put through screens all game by someone, hopefully soon, so we’ll know how the defense holds up in the worst case.

Jack White reminded me a lot of Singler tonight, just in a smaller role. The rebounding, toughness, hitting open shots, versatile defensively.

I rewatched the game today. White Supremacy had two or three bullshit blocking calls where he beat his man to the spot and the offensive player bounced off him when they collided. I don’t know why refs feel like they have to call anything in that situation, and if the defender doesn’t fall, then it has to be a block.

His play has me excited for next year. If we somehow retain Tyus then a Tyus-AOC-Moore-White-Bolden team would be really solid.

Seems to have decent court awareness, and often finds himself in the correct positions on the court. Positioning for rebounds (excellent box-outs on the UK bigs), breaking up passes with tips, and a good off-ball cutter.

Not saying he is a good as these past players, but stars like Singler (mentioned by Slap above), Battier and Amile all shared these traits.

He just does the right thing at all times.

He had one play where he was defending a shooter in the corner. He didn't bite when the shooter shot-faked twice, managed to get a hand up to contest when he finally did shoot, immediately turned around and boxed out his man to get in the path of the rebound, and when it was tipped away he dove on the floor to maintain possession. Textbook.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom