Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Kevon Looney

califorlife111
Freshman
398 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Nominate | Report

Posted: Today 2:41 PM
RE: Kevon Looney announcing on Halloween
jabari must have told looney hey wanted to team up with okafor for a chi town front court duo. love it

My impression is that he probably got along well with Alford, enjoys the thought of living in one of the nicest settings for any college in the country, thinks UCLA is a reputable place to learn things at in case he tears both knees, and wanted to play basketball for a team he could have a large role on immediately and that has won the most NCAA titles in history. Aside from that, maybe some Adida$ going on, but shouldn't be much shock when someone who has kept his recruitment under wraps picks UNC, UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky or Florida over Duke. Rutgers? That's crazy. MSU? A bit surprising. UCLA? They have literally everything going for them traditionally, though maybe not recently.

Tdd is awful my god. Now I know why I haven't been there for most of the off season.

dukeberto said:
califorlife111
Freshman
398 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Nominate | Report

jabari must have told looney hey wanted to team up with okafor for a chi town front court duo. love it

He literally "loves it" that we missed out on a possible top 5 draft pick. GFTO.

I get his skill set fitting in here, but all the little red flag tidbits make me ok with this miss and makes it even more laughable other insider websites claimed to know anything

Kevon expressed he wanted to be one and done to the point where at least how it was reported this was a priority for him and it leaked out that he didn't really jive with the players on our team that much. I have no problem with a kid wanting to be one and done, just seems weird when it's the one thing that is stressed about him and he isn't even giving a politically correct answer about it. Also would make me worry about team chemistry even more so given he didn't get along with our guys who I all love.

UCLA virtually came out of nowhere in this. I'm just going to channel my inner TDD and assume he got paid.

Also said UCLA edged out Tennessee. I mean the experts were atrociously bad here

dukeberto said:
califorlife111
Freshman
398 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Nominate | Report

Completely makes something up and ends it with, "Love it" like it's a known fact.

bdotling said:
I get his skill set fitting in here, but all the little red flag tidbits make me ok with this miss and makes it even more laughable other insider websites claimed to know anything

Kevon expressed he wanted to be one and done to the point where at least how it was reported this was a priority for him and it leaked out that he didn't really jive with the players on our team that much. I have no problem with a kid wanting to be one and done, just seems weird when it's the one thing that is stressed about him and he isn't even giving a politically correct answer about it. Also would make me worry about team chemistry even more so given he didn't get along with our guys who I all love.

So....he was who says he was.

yup but experts maintained Duke as their pick. i meant red flags is in for Duke as a destination rather than Kevon as a person. I'm sure he's lovely.

bdotling said:
yup but experts maintained Duke as their pick. i meant red flags is in for Duke as a destination rather than Kevon as a person. I'm sure he's lovely.

I was referring to the oft-used line in TDD recruiting discussions, "If he is who he says he is..."

Unfortunately, Kevon Looney has been amazing at everything but shooting so far. Fortunately, he is so amazing that he is probably one and done.

22% possession
135 offensive rating
82% free throw rate
19% offensive rebounding
21% defensive rebounding
3.7 assist/turnover
5.3% block
2.1% steal
2.6 fouls per 40 minutes

Basically a defensive monster on paper who rebounds better than Amile Jefferson. UCLA has played one of the easiest schedules in the country, however.

I see Myles Turner's "lack of athleticism" referenced a lot on Twitter, which either (1) is true or (2) has somehow developed as code terminology for "gayness," and generally reliable people are saying he's a 2- or 3-year player.

So, unfortunately, Myles Turner is a 2- or 3-year player who blocks a larger percentage of shots as Duke does as a team when he's on the floor, with reasonable offensive numbers (shooting 54/25/75, 115 rating on 22% usage) and decent rebounding numbers for a PF (8% offensive, 22% defensive). Him taking Amile's minutes may not have been great for Duke's defense in the short term, but the upside of having a 13% shotblocker is probably worth it for the end of the season.

Either of those guys have more upside over this season and next than Amile does, though I consider Amile to currently be one of the top 10 PF fits for Duke we could possibly have. I can't actually think of 10 guys in Amile's class as a Rodman type, but I'm using top 10 for Duke as what I would expect if I did look at every PF in the country.

Turner would almost be too much on this team. An embarrassment of riches K would need to platoon to keep happy. We hate platoons.

Oof. Bringing back idiotic posts like that is a form of cyberbullying.

He's still on the Warriors, not playing a whole lot though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom