Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Kon Knueppel

Hoping he doesn't turn into another Schutt situation. Both same height (6'5") although Kon much stronger at the same age. Both known as fundamentally sound shooters with average athleticism. Kon strikes me as a guy who would do well as an upperclassmen because he knows how to use his body to make up for his lack of speed/quickness. Feel like he would outsmart a lot of younger players. Don't expect a lot of playing time next year due to the speed and physicality of the game being much more advanced than what he's used to, especially in his HS league.

Big difference is Kon is a 5-star prospect ranked #16 in his class. Schutt was ranked #78 in his class.

True. Just feel like his white/unathletic profile is clouding my judgment that he'll be good out of the gate and command minutes.

Hard to predict how much Nipple might play next season. Duke could have all of Proctor, Roach, McCain, and Foster back or maybe only 1-2 of them.

I think the profile for KK is Austin Reaves, who did not average double figures in scoring until his red-shirt junior year as a 21 year old.
The question is whether he can stick it out that long at Duke.

^Exactly. His bball IQ would allow him to dominate younger players as an upperclassman. Let's hope we see a junior year Kon.

Frankly, based on what I've seen Kon and Schutt are worlds apart in talent.

The comparison of Kon and Schutt is essentially like comparing Zion to DJ Burns Jr. based on physical profile "similarities" on paper.

Reactions: TBC
^That's fair. Not going to pretend I've watched much of either's scouting tapes. Just going off written reports so far.

Schutt was 6’4 165 in HS mainly a dead eye 3 pt shooter. He holds the IL HS state record with 16 3s made in a game his Jr year. Ranked around 75. While the talent is there. Definitely a 4 year guy and wouldn’t make an impact right away. Be curious to see what he does next season?! Can he be more than Joey B?

Kon I believe is 6’5 220. And a very balanced game of attack. He’s tough/strong with the ball and seems to never be sped up and gets to his spots. Like others mentioned earlier he lead a summer league in scoring packed with studs. While maybe a small sample size, he was still scoring against some of the best HS talent. Kon can also do a little bit of everything. Handle the ball/rebound/asts. Jon mentioned he loved the passing of this class. Like Schutt. The Defense will be the question? But Kon is already more built for the college game than Jaden. Kon will be participating in a couple HS events this season. Exciting player for sure hope Duke gets him for a few+ seasons!

Last edited:
Yeah, the body type and skillset are so much different than Schutt that I don't think they should be compared. Kon is physically strong. He has a good handle and well rounded game. I've heard that he at least competes hard on defense.

#Don'tDoubtTheNip

I love Knipple as the same sort of dude as McCain. Seems pretty shifty and smart about how to create and get his shot. Not as quick/good a handle, but he's got that Luka type size that seems like he can move people a bit.

If we can get 2-3 guards back of Roach/Proctor/Foster/McCain/Blakes, I love the team. Four freshman wings - each with a different body type/game type - and hopefully Stew/Mitchell/Power. Need one of Maluach/Reeves/Ngongba to just be present for at least stretches just in case. Should be a pretty damn modern lineup.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom