Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

Best one and done we've ever had. Dude never took a play off or had a single digit game. KU's entire D was geared to stop him and he still played well. Good luck.

We can stop arguing about who's the best OAD in Duke history, that's for sure.
Not even close and probably never will be. Dude was an animal. I'm the most sad about losing him. My favorite player and an absolute joy to watch.

Bagley is a guy I'd try to see live when he's in pros. He's such a fun player to watch. He will be great at the next level.

I wonder what kind of stats Bagley would put up if he were truly the #1 option on his team. So frustrating watching this team forget about him for 15 minutes every game.

This was again apparent today. So goddamn frustrating.

They would send an instant double every time he got the ball. That was the game plan and it worked perfectly.

Loved watching this guy play. Just an insane motor. Easily our best OAD talent-wise, although Tyus was probably the most impactful.

Marvin Bagley is the best one and done I think Duke has ever had. He was awesome and a joy to watch. I will miss him and I hope he becomes a special talent in the NBA. His motor was off the charts and matched his talent. It's a shame he can't go to the Final Four. While I think Kansas had a great defensive game plan for him, he should have been incorporated more. Put him into ball screens, isolate him at the elbow where doubling him is much harder, but there should have been more done to put him into a position to get shots up.

Reactions: TBC
They would send an instant double every time he got the ball. That was the game plan and it worked perfectly.

The thing is they wouldn't play off the double. They wouldn't make KU scramble to recover. They just ignored him too much imo.

No counterplay to the post double at all. It didn’t help that no one could shoot wide open, but there should be motion, cutting, something besides finding a place to launch a 3 when you’re that cold.

What didn't help was that Bagley's reaction to the double team was to dribble out to the 3 point line, which alleviated all of the pressure on the defense. KU would let one defender follow him out and now you're left right where you started except without the benefit of Bagley waiting in the paint.

Yea, Bagley was great all year at getting out of double teams safely but he rarely made defenses pay for doubling him.

I'm guessing ball denial, double teams, and sending people to the glass had something to do with it.

Sure. I agree with you, I thought Kansas played great today. But at the same time, there has to be counters, there has to be adjustments. I just think more has to go into being prepared for that. Marvin has been doubled a lot this year and they had to know KU was going to double again today, I just think you have to be more prepared for it and have to have more ways to get Bagley get involved.

Really glad we got to see him play for Duke. I really enjoyed watching him play.

Reactions: TBC
IF he does declare (and that’s a big “if”), this will be the lasting impression of scouts who watch both sides of the ball:

Could see an Okafor effect on his draft position.

I like him as an energy guy off Duke's bench next year. Also, what better place to hone his defensive skills than at Duke, which is a top 10 defense in the nation.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom