Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

Any of the candidate programs make sense for Bagley. I think that if he is seeking the greatest amount of exposure, Duke is the choice. Since he is already so well-known, exposure may be a secondary concern.

Sure looks like our man Axe has come through!

k19LOc3.jpg

Tomorrow has the potential to be an extraordinary day for all of us.

I am so excited.

With great certainty, here is the updated minutes projection for March 2018:

PG Trevon Duval (36), Allen (4)
SG Grayson Allen (36), Trent (4)
SF Gary Trent (32), DeLaurier/O'Connell/Tucker/White (8)
PF Wendell Carter (32), Bagley/DeLaurier (8)
C Marvin Bagley (24), Bolden/Vrankovic (16)

With great certainty, here is the updated minutes projection for March 2018:

PG Trevon Duval (36), Allen (4)
SG Grayson Allen (36), Trent (4)
SF Gary Trent (32), DeLaurier/O'Connell/Tucker/White (8)
PF Wendell Carter (32), Bagley/DeLaurier (8)
C Marvin Bagley (24), Bolden/Vrankovic (16)

Now THAT is a team I feel confident can take the program to San Antonio.

There are some coaches propagating a theory that K cancelled the Dominican trip because he knew we were getting Bagley.

So, my "charitable" take may well still be wrong, but I wasn't the only one thinking such. Lol.

SeanMay, pretty close to what I think it'll be:

Duval 35/Allen 5
Allen 30/Trent 10
Trent 20/Tucker 15/Bagley 5
Bagley 25/DeL 15
Carter 25/Bolden 15

I really don't see a team(on paper) that is better than us next season. Obviously we said that last year but lack of a PG and major injuries derailed that. Don't see a weakness on that roster. Still have post guys like White and Vrank who play if we have major foul trouble. I guess guard depth could be an issue but I think Gold and O'Connell could give us 5-10 minutes in a pinch.

Athleticism for days. Only weakness I could see is outside shooting. Obviously Allen is elite but the only other reliable shooters we'd have playing major minutes would likely be Trent and Tucker. I don't see a better backcourt duo in the nation than Duval/Allen and I don't see a better front court in the country than Bagley/Carter.

We locked up Jones for next year and can now swing for the fences.

Jones
O'Connell
Tucker
DeLaurier
Vrank
Bench-Gold, White.

That's worst case scenarios. Another guard, an elite wing and a good post and were contenders again.

I'm hoping for:
Jones
Barrett
Tucker
Reddish
DeLaurier

Elite PG that can swing it to 3 wings who can all score/shoot and one defensive big downlow to do the dirty work.

You're probably right Phys but if K can't have a good defensive team with that roster, then he never will.

I think in 3-4 years when the sting of losing in the 2018 S16 is in the past, we'll appreciate the ability to discuss Bagley's personal progression as the key young piece of a downtrodden franchise in the NBA thread. At this point I think that is Duke's biggest selling point to its fanbase.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom