Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Matt Jones

Throughout his career Matt has had stellar defensive performances in important games. To belabour a point, he consistently struggles against smaller/quicker opponents; this is what it is. He still brings value even with his deficiencies. The playing time should be within 20-25 minutes with Frank's emergence.

He is going through yet another horrible shooting slump; I still believe he'll bust out of this to help the team in this postseason.

Matt played 8.5 more minutes per game after entering the starting lineup in 2015. 8.5 more minutes of Matt per game is probably not a major reason for Duke's defense improving from 80 to 12 over the course of 13 games. There was probably much more to it than that.

torontoduke said:
Jahlil was the reason for the defensive improvements

True, this is much more likely than Matt being responsible.

No, really, not being sarcastic, Jahlil has proven that he is capable of completely not caring about defense, by merely caring during the post season he could single handedly have gone from a defensive disaster to passable defense - its easier to go from terrible to ok than from good to great.

TorontoDuke to everyone: "Never doubted it. Not once. Matt is enough."

I am a fan of the man, Skins. I like what he brings to the team. Just a matter of time before that shot drops.

physicsfactor said:
I laughed so hard when that shot went in. That made up for Cuse's banked in 3. About as fluky.

My friend and I were watching the game and we both started laughing because of how absurd it was. It's like seriously, now you make one? Like of all the wide open misses, that's the one he makes in that situation.

Gutsy shot for a guy in a shooting slump. Also his 3 steals were huge in a game in which ND only had 6 total turnovers.

If he makes another 3 his year (50/50) probably in a similar situation in the Final 4

I have to wonder why we're still harping on Jones right now though. Who even cares atm? Tonight it was him or meltdown Grayson. He played the right amount.

Yup. He's only taken 9 shots in 4 games and the option of brining him in probably saved us from watching Grayson decapitating someone.

I do think Grayson was probably most gassed of all given how little he has practiced up to this point. But all these games in a row has given him his rhythm back

Notre Dame is exactly the right kind of team for Matt to play against, a squad full of unathletic, crafty old Y players.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom