Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike Elko, Head Football Coach

I don’t feel like this Giants-Duke synergy has been very fruitful for either team, but I’m open to other views.

Two first rounders and two second rounders on that DL.

Goddamn it. This is the guy everyone's been fawning over as a home run, too.

His numbers at PSU were decent, but not that killer for the talent he would have had.

I guess the optimistic take would be that he's had a steady upward trajectory as a DL coach - Bowling Green to Vandy to PSU to DL/AHC at PSU to Giants - so he must have generally been thought of as a good college DL coach. Hopefully that's not just meathead coaches being dumb.

Elko strikes me as a guy that wants to become a head coach at a big time football school. I don't think he'll hesitate to cut dead weight if a coach isn't doing a good job.

Who knew that Joe Judge’s staff was in such high demand? Probably the worst coaching staff in the NFL

How many years until he has a full head of hair?

Get the feeling that Elko is going to be in for a bit of a shock moving from Texas A&M's football, uh, culture to Duke's. Heck, Fred Goldsmith struggled with the Texas to Duke transition and he was at Rice.

Anyway, as many have mentioned, it's hot as hell on that side of the field and that's why nobody wants to be there.

Every Duke fan has assumed this would happen for so long that it feels like it has already happened. This is a big deal, right?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom