Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

I grew up in Charlotte. I know Charlotte. It wouldn't work. Honestly, I bullshitted about them expanding the stadium down there. They actually can't make it MLB ready.

Charlotte is a good NFL city. It was a good NBA city the first time around when there was nothing else going on to make Charlotte cool. It is not a great NBA city now. While uptown has grown a lot as far as things to do in the past 15 years, there is not enough to downtown to support 81 MLB games especially when part of the season will overlap with both football and basketball.

There's no parking. There's minimal public transportation support to make a 40,000+ seat stadium viable

No way MLB would go for a 21,000 seat stadium. I think the newish ballpark in uptown Charlotte could be expanded a bit, but I also don't see Charlotte supporting an MLB team for 81 dates.
Oh I know but there is space to build something new if need be.

Downtown Durham is actually getting quite locked in. The Durham Freeway cuts things off to the south. They have actually discussed removing it downtown so everything can expand south, but I don't think that will happen. I would love it if they could figure out a way to do it.

Yeah, all those adjacent parking lots becoming apartments really cramps that space

Looks like the O's lofty perch atop the AL East Standings crumbles tonight. Undefeated season at risk.

I would like to thank the Orioles for not sucking me in early this year. Now that they have been eliminated from playoff contention, I can turn my attention to my back yard.

People will figure him out both as a pitcher and hitter. For now, the Angels are paying about $50k per WAR on his contract.

I think he ends up around .270 as a hitter in around 300 plate appearances. Basically a part time Mike Moustakas.

I’d guess his FIP settles around 3.00 and he’s a top 20 fantasy pitcher.

I think he ends up around .270 as a hitter in around 300 plate appearances. Basically a part time Mike Moustakas.

I’d guess his FIP settles around 3.00 and he’s a top 20 fantasy pitcher.

Hmmmm.

I told a friend yesterday that there's a chance he's slightly better Syndergaard on the mound and Evan Longoria at the plate. .265-.275 ish seems about right for average. Obviously Thor on the mound is the high end outcome. The pitch/fx data on his fastball and splitter are incredible, though. The fastball has just a tiny bit less velocity than Syndergaard's but with more movement.

Right now, Ohtani is on pace to have the lowest FIP since Pedro 1999 and the highest K/9 since Randy Johnson 2001.

Considering the opponent BABIP is .125, the former obviously will continue.

He has a 45% whiff rate on his splitter and increased the usage from 24% to 37% in the second game. Good god.

Ohtani's ROS projected hitting slash: .257/.317/.456/.773
Johnathan Schoop's ROS projected hitting slash: .261/.304/.467/.772

Ohtanin's ROS projected pitching slash: 3.45 ERA / 3.45 FIP / 3.2 WAR
Verlander's ROS projected pitching slash: 3.52 ERA / 3.50 FIP / 4.2 WAR

We have been blessed with Aaron Judge and Shohei Ohtani in back-to-back years. These are two premium superstars in the nation's two premier cities.

The Marlins are on the right track under Jeter and Sherman, the Cubs recently ended the curse of the Billy Goat, the Red Sox are good, the Braves are on the upswing, young stars like Bellinger and Seager and Correa abound, we are seeing Trout and Harper at the height of their powers, a new ballpark is in the works for Tampa Bay, and expansion to 32 teams is on the not-too-distant horizon.

Combine this with the seemingly endless controversies in the NFL and the rise of Fangraphs and Statcast.

Baseball hasn't been this healthy since the 1986 World Series.

Marlins are an objective disaster right now.

Well, as we have seen with Houston and Chicago (and it looks like the Braves are starting to turn the corner), nobody is terrible forever. The fundamentals are now in place for sustained success when this next batch of youngsters matures. They have an awesome stadium (when the roof is open) in the Gateway to Latin America with a competent ownership group with an American icon as the face. The sky is the limit.

Ideally Miami becomes a top 10 franchise in 10-15 years.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom